Kimiko was surprised. Seems like he's made his decision.

At the end of the first half, Kirino was badly injured and had to sit out for the next half. That was Kimiko's cue to step in.

"Coach, please put me in for the second half"

***

"Tsurugi?"

"I need your help" he said in a rush.

"What for?"

"I'm going to make an own goal in the first half and-"

"Wait, what? An own goal?!"

"This is the only way Fifth Sector will believe I'm on their side. Just hear me out"

"So how do I help?"

"I need you help to take that goal back in the second half. Theres a very likely chance someone will have to sit out because Mannouzaka is known for playing rough, so thats when you join"

"Please. I know it's a lot to ask of you but its the only way to save Raimon too. I don't trust that Tenma and Shindou will be able to make it with the rest of the team that way"

"But you trust that I can do it?"

"I don't know why but I just have this feeling that I can trust you with this"

Kimiko could see he was desperate. For now, there wasn't much of an option but it was going to be risky. Very risky.

"If you trust that I can do it, I won't let you down"

"Thank you, Kimiko" he said with a smile.

Wait, did Tsurugi just call me by my first name!?

***

"Coach, please put me in for the second half"

All eyes were on her.

"Kimiko, you can't do that, your illness could get worse" Haruna protested. That made the team even more surprised because she hadn't told most of the team about her illness.

"Put on a spare uniform and warm up" Endou said.

"Endou-san!"

"Kimiko isn't a reckless girl, I believe she will do fine"

"Thank you Endou-san" she said with a smile and ran to put on a spare uniform.

***

"The second half is starting folks"

"Wait what is this!? Replacing Raimon's injured Kirino Ranmaru is Ichinose Kimiko! What are Coach Endou's intentions for putting in a player with no soccer playing record. How will the flow of the game change with this new player!?"

Kimiko made her way to midfielder's position. This was her first time on an official field and she was excited. However, Raimon's formation was really off for the second half. Kurama-san, Hayami-san, Amagi-san, Kuramada-san and Hamano-san were all standing to the side of the field. They refused to play.

When the whistle blew, Tsurugi stole the ball immediately and made shot, but was blocked by Mannouzaka's goalkeeper who brought out an avatar. The blocked ball was passed to their forward who put Mannouzaka in the lead with their avatar shot, Magician's Box.

With a score of 2-1, the game continues. Mannouzaka continuously shoots at the goal, wearing Snagoku-san down. In the end, they managed to make a two point difference near the end of the second half.

After seeing this, Midori-san stands up. The fact that the rest of the team stood there shamelessly after everything that happened angered Midori.

"Don't any of you feel anything after seeing your teammates working so hard to protect soccer!?" She shouted.

Because of her words, the rest of the team began to feel ashamed for doing nothing while their friends were getting injured as they fought with everything they had.

Tsurugi made one point for Raimon with his avatar shot with the help of his teammates. Shindou wouldn't lose either. He made the tying score with his hissatsu shot, Fortissimo. At last, the ball was passed to Kimiko who made the winning goal with her hissatsu shot, Firebolt.

"With a close score of 4-3, Raimon emerges victorious in their second match in the Holy Road tournament and will be proceeding to the semi-finals!"