Thirty

Sadie's POV

Skate and I were in his car right now

Skate and I were in his car right now. It's been so long since we've seen each other. I honestly would've regretted it if Jack and JJ didn't pressure me into going on this blind date.

Skate apologized for everything he's done. I just hope he means it. I don't wanna be hurt again. Especially by him.

"So, anything new?" He asked me, glancing at me. I shrugged. I don't really think anything's changed. "C'mon, there's gotta be something." He said again.

"No, nothing." I told him.

"What about you, Mr. Rapper?" I asked him, a hint of amusement in my voice. He chuckled.

"You don't think it's bad, do you?" He asked.

"No, you're really good." I told him.

"You think so?" He asked for reassurance.

"Yea, I mean it." I nodded. "Maybe we can make a song together one day." He parked his car, and turned off the ignition.

"That'd be great." He said with a smile. Then, there was a brief silence.

"Hey, did you ever learn how to drive?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"I never wanted to get behind the wheel of a car after what happened to my parents." I sighed, looking down.

"Hey, it's fine. I'll drive you wherever you want, when you need." He told me, making me smile. He got out of his car and before I could gather my things and get out too, my door opened.

There stood Skate, his hand stretched out towards me. I took it and he helped me out of the car.

He led me up the path and the stairs to his house. He unlocked the door, opening it. He let me in first, then followed, closing and locking the door behind him.

"You're place looks great." I complimented.

"It's nothing. No need to lie." He shrugged. I scoffed. "Hey, I'm kidding." He pat my back and hopped into the couch.

"Way to make me feel at home." I mumbled, placing my stuff on the table. I walked into the kitchen and opened his refrigerator.

I took out the ingredients to make ham sandwich. I was really hungry and that's all there literally was in his empty fridge.

I took out the bread, ham, cheese, and honey mustard dressing. I grabbed a knife and a plate. I plugged in the toaster and put in my bread.

About a few minutes later, I put two more slices into the toaster.

I opened up the dressing and dipped the knife in it, spreading it onto my bread. Soon I felt arms wrap around my waist and a kiss on my cheek.

"Whatcha making?" He asked, rubbing my thigh slowly.