Twenty Nine

A few weeks later...

Skate's POV

Johnson and Gilinsky forgave me for what I did to Sadie

Johnson and Gilinsky forgave me for what I did to Sadie. They called me a few weeks ago and we hung out. Now we're friends again. I still feel horrible for being the reason why Sadie is now dead.

Right now, I'm getting ready for a date. I got a blind date that Johnson and Gilinsky set up for me. They said that she was pretty and that I'd like her. They set it up at this club called Mystic Nights.

They told me I had to sit in a certain booth. I'm still not over Sadie. I've developed a crush on her. Even though it was way too late. I denied the feelings I had for her. I didn't wanna seem weak to easily give in to a girl like that.

The first time I had a girlfriend, I thought I was in love. I thought that we'd stay together forever. She literally had me wrapped around her finger.

I loved her, and it seemed that she loved me, too, but she broke my heart. She cheated on me so I never trusted girls ever again. I treat them the way she treated me.

Sadie, however, changed that. She loved me. It seemed real, but I denied it. I thought that she'd hurt me. I was too blind to see that the love of my life was right in front of me.

I was blinded my ignorance and heartbreak. I took that anger out on her and now she's dead. All because I was scared of getting my heart broken again. I didn't think that it happens to a lot of people.

I finished getting ready and headed out, locking my house door and going to my car. I got in, started it, and got into my car. I drove off to the club.
———

I got there in about 15 minutes and parked my car in the parking lot. I got out and went to the VIP line, cutting everyone, making them angry. I walked up to the security guard and he smiled at me, and we did our handshake.

"What's up, Skate?" He greeted.

"Nothin' much, Tony. I got a blind date tonight." I told him.

"I bet she's hot. Go in and have fun." He told me.

"Thanks man." I slipped him a hundred dollar bill and went inside. I went to the VIP lounge and went to booth 5 like Gilinsky and Johnson instructed.

I saw a girl sitting in the booth, so I sat down next to her. That must be her. She looked at me with a smile and I smiled back. I could barely see her face.

"Hey, I'm Nate." I told her.

"I'm Sadie." She said and offered me her hand. I took it and kissed it. She giggled. Why did that giggle seem so familiar? "You must be my blind date." She told me.

"Yea." I answered a little taken off guard. She seems so familiar. I turned on the light that was above us by pulling the chain. My eyes widened as I realized who this was. "Sadie?"

"Yea?" She looked up from her phone and at me.

"What the fuck? I thought you were dead!" I grew very angry.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked me.

"You faked your death! What kind of sick person does that?!" I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry. I think you've got the wrong person." She got up and started to walk away. I got up too, and ran after her, grabbing her arm. "Let go of me, you creep!" She hit my arm, but I still kept my grip on her.

"Sadie, it's me Skate Maloley." I told her. She gasped and her eyes widened like mine before. She managed to pull out of my grip, running from me again.

Before she could get far, I grabbed her arm again and pulled her into my chest.

"Stop running." I told her. Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Just leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you." She hissed, pushing me away.

"Sadie, give me a chance to explain myself, please. And if you still wanna go, I'll let you." I begged her. She looked down at the ground. "Please." I begged again. Taking her hands in mine.

"Fine." She muttered and we went back to the booth and sat down.

"Look, I'm sorry, ok? I know you still hate me for everything I've done to hurt you. You didn't deserve it. At all. I was just afraid of getting hurt again. I thought you'd hurt me. That you were gonna break my heart. It's happened before, which is why I did what I did back in high school. I didn't realize that my actions would come with a consequence. I didn't think that it would come to the point where someone would kill themselves. I felt so horrible for what I've done for the past few years. It just seemed too good to be true for me to fall in love again. I never knew that I'd catch feelings again. Especially for you. You're beautiful, smart, and kind. You were kind to me, and I thought it was all an act. I regret what I did to you. I was too blind to see the special, beautiful girl that was in front of me this whole time. If there is anything I could do to make it up to you, I would do it. Just to have your forgiveness." I confessed to her. Her eyes lit up a little.

"You love me?" She asked, hope in her voice.

"I'm in love with you." I nodded and she smiled, making me smile.

"I forgive you. Maybe I took it too far with the whole pretending-to-be-dead thing." She told me.

"No, I totally deserved it." I assured her, holding her face.

"I'm pretty sure Jack and JJ set this all up." Sadie said again and I laughed.

"They did good. It worked." I mentally thanked Johnson and Gilinsky. She was way more beautiful now. Her body definitely got curvier. "You look great. You definitely look sexier than before." I told her, making her giggle and blush.

"You really changed, a lot. You have a man bun and a whole beard." She told me, laughing and I laughed, too.

"I missed you Sadie, so much." I sighed in happiness.

"I missed you too, Skate." I brought my face closer to hers, and kissed her lips softly. She kissed back.

The kiss wasn't long, but it was filled with a lot of passion. I pulled away and her eyes were still closed. She bit her lip.

"How about we take this to my place." I suggested and she nodded. She gathered her things and we both got up.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and led her out of the club and to my car and drove off to my house.