Chapter 14

Mikuni's POV

I ran out of the building to find Jeje and Eiko, thinking they had hit the ground already. But when I got outside, I didn't see them. "Jeje! Eiko!" I called for them while looking around. "Where did they go?" I mumbled.

There were just here... unless Jeje took her somewhere. But for some reason, I doubt that.

Jeje's POV 

"Eiko? Why are you a boy?" I asked. "I'm not really Eiko. I'm an anthropomorphic black rabbit that appears in front of Eiko whenever I want. It's kind of similar to what Sleepy Ash has with that small black cat of his." The boy explained. "I see. So, you're Eiko's other half." I said.

"Precisely. So, what are you doing here?" Male Eiko asked. "I'm looking for my niece." I answered. "Sorry, but Eiko's busy at the moment. You're gonna have to come back another time." He said as he walked in front of me.

I followed him, thinking he could lead me to the real Eiko. "You're Doubt Doubt, right? The Servamp of Envy?" Male Eiko said. "Yes." I confirmed. "Ah... Eiko really likes you. You're her favorite uncle, the second would be Lawless of Greed because he makes her laugh." He explained.

"Do you know where Eiko is?" I asked. "Maybe, maybe not. Why do you ask? I told you, she's busy." He reminded me.

"She needs to come home. I fear that is she stays here, it could be unhealthy for her. She wouldn't be able to tell the different between fantasy and reality." I explained. "Oh, come on. Eiko's scared, not stupid." Male Eiko said.

"Scared? Scared of what?" I asked, frowning slightly. "Whoops. I wasn't supposed to tell you that part." He said as he covered his mouth with his hand. I grabbed his shirt and made him turn around so he was facing me. "Where. Is. Eiko?" I asked, a bit angrily.

the boy didn't answer as he stared at me with a bored look on his face. "She doesn't want to be bothered. Eiko's home is here now." Male Eiko said before disappearing within my hand. I turned around and looked down the dark hallway as I heard a little girl crying.

"Eiko!" I ran down the hall, following the sounds of crying. As I ran, I noticed the pictures on the wall began to move like there were playing a movie. I stopped to look at one of the pictures. "Uncle Tsubaki..." A small Eiko said as she hugged her pillow in front of her.

"I had a bad dream again

"I had a bad dream again." She said. "Come over, Eiko. You can sleep with me tonight." Tsubaki said. The small Eiko walked over to him and climbed in the bed with him. 'Wonder where he got that idea of a memory from?' I thought.

I started running down the hall again so I could find for Eiko. But I felt like the faster I ran, the longer this hallway got. "You'll never find her. You can run for as long as you want, but you'll never come close to finding Eiko." I heard the Male Eiko's voice say as it echoed around the walls.

"That's what you think." I mumbled, frowning. The hallway suddenly began to change shape as a flight of stairs appeared. Beside it, was a sign that read, "Eiko's Bedroom."

I ran up the stairs and a multiple pairs of hands emerged from the wall, grabbing me and trying to restrain me. "Let go!" I used the guns I had shot at the arms, but more of them just came out of the wall and tried to restrain me.

I grunted and fought against the arms until they suddenly retreated. I didn't waste any time to move and run up the stairs.

When I got to the top, a spotlight suddenly came on in the distance. A figure sat in a chair as it looked like they were restrained. I ran over to the figure and recognized them immediately.

"Eiko..."