Chapter 12

Eiko's POV

"Stay here, Eiko. I want you to hold down the fort with my subclass. I believe in you. All of you." Tsubaki said. "Yes... Uncle Tsubaki." I said. "Why the long face, Eiko? You should be smiling!" Belkia said as he stretched the corners of my mouth.

"Poke." I said, stabbing him in the eye with two of my fingers. "Ouch!"

"Her most dangerous weapon: the eye poke." Otogiri said. "They're here." I informed. "Then, I must be off. Take care of my niece. Make sure she doesn't get injured." Tsubaki instructed his subclass. "I'm not weak, you know?" I stated.

Tsubaki smiled at me before heading off. "So, just out of curiosity, how old are you, Eiko?" Higan asked. "I'm sixteen." I said. "I would've thought you were fourteen." Otogiri commented. "I get that a lot. From him." I said, pointing at Sakuya.

"Hey, it was an honest mistake! I didn't know you were sixteen!" He defended. "What did he say?" Shamrock asked. "He mistaken me for a little girl and offered to take me to the police station to find my legal guardian." I said, bluntly.

"Damn it! Are we seriously talking about this now?!" Sakuya said. "Higan brought it up." I mentioned. "I was only trying to start a conversation." Higan admitted. "Well, he got one." Belkia said. A little while later, Tetsu showed up with a tiny person.

"Huh?! This guy is seriously only 14?!" Belkia said in disbelief. "Hehe... No one's more surprised than this old man." Higan commented. "Higan, will you please stop fooling around?" Shamrock requested.

"Yeah, all right. I don't wanna really fight against a kid. But I guess it can't be helped." He replied. "Is this the part where we kill him?" I asked. "Huh? Eiko, what are you doing here?" The tiny man asked. "How does the tiny man know my name?" I asked.

"Eiko, it's me, Old Child of Pride." The tiny man said. "I don't know what that name means." I stated. "Oh, crap! They're going to attack!" Belkia warned. I blinked for a second and I saw bats darting towards us.

I quickly shielded myself as the bats dashed past us, impairing our vision. Otogiri attached her threads to me, Shamrock, and Belkia, and pulled us out of the way. "Stay behind me, Eiko." Shamrock ordered as he and Belkia struck back.

"Eiko, come this way! Get away from them!" Old Child said. "Why does he keep saying my name?" I mumbled. "Old Child..." I repeated the name as I remember meeting this tiny man at a festival.

Wait, I was at a festival? When? No, that can't be. I was with Uncle Tsubaki at the time. "I don't... understand..." I whispered as I lowered my head a little with a hand over my head. Belkia made Old Child disappear and everyone began to attack again.

I looked out the window as the glass shattered. "A boy... and a lion?!" I said in shock. "Is that Sloth?" Shamrock asked. "Sleepy Ash! I don't believe it!" Belkia said. "Eiko, no matter what, do not interfere! Leave this to us!" Shamrock said.

"But I wanna help." I said. "Don't! Just stay back! The Master ordered us to protect you!" He argued. The three of them began to attack, but they were quickly taken down. I gasped and took a few steps back.

"Eiko, are you okay?" The boy who was with the lion asked. I quickly turned around and ran upstairs, heading to Higan.

Mahiru's POV

"Huh? Eiko, what are you doing?! Come back!" I called, but it was too late as Eiko ran up the stairs. "I don't get it. Why did she run away? We weren't going to hurt her. She should know that." I said, a little confused.

"No, something's wrong. That's not Eiko." Kuro said. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked. "Did you see how she looked at us? It was as if she didn't know who we were." He explained. "Yes, even I sensed that something was wrong with her. That's not the Eiko we know and love." Lily said.

"When Hugh was talking to her, Eiko didn't recognize him at the slightest." Tetsu mentioned. "Tsubaki must have done something to make her forget about us." Misono said. "He must've erased her memories." Lily said. "But how was he able to do that?" I asked.

"I don't know how, but we have to get Eiko to remember us."

"How are we supposed to do that?"

"We'll find a way. I just hope she doesn't attack us." Kuro said. "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "Eiko's a lot stronger than any of us and sometimes her emotions can get a little dangerous." Lily mentioned.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Misono asked. "When Eiko was a little girl, she was growing up a little faster than expected. Even the Mother of Wrath noticed something was wrong with Eiko in the beginning. When Lawless took away her stuffed rabbit just as a joke, Eiko got angry quickly, and well..." Lily trailed off while smiling nervously.

"Let's just say there's a reason why Eiko stays emotionless." Kuro said. "Let's hurry up and find Eiko before she does something she regrets." Misono said. "Right." We all agreed and ran upstairs to find Eiko.