"Talk to me, Kaine. Come on." She took a seat at the edge of my bed, patting the soft comforter next to her.

I ignored her gesture and began to pace. "I mean, Why can't I just have one thing. For once, I was happy. I didn't have to kill someone to feel alive, either. I don't know what it is about him. With his stupid flippy hair. It's just...he made me feel like I was living again without even having to lift a finger. I saved him and then he went and saved me. How the fuck do you think I feel knowing I can't see him anymore."

I staggered over to the bed, falling backwards next to Rachel, "It just...sucks."

"What do you mean he saved you? What does that even mean, Kaine."

What did that even mean?

"I don't know, Rach. I'm drunk. I'm talking out of my ass right now."

I grabbed my phone that was inches from my head. 8 new messages.

u there?

Kaine?

come baaaaack

I miss u :'c

I stopped reading at this point, it was too much to take in.

In a flash, Rachel had swiped the phone from my drunken hands. I lazily attempted to retrieve the it from her grip but, to no avail. I watched as she typed in the my password swiftly.

"Heeey, what the fuck, how do you know password Rach, damn! You've been stalking me too? See this is what I mean, I-"

"You're like a little whiny child, did you know that?. Don't be an asshole Kaine, this whole household knows how you use your cats birthday for everything. I thought you were like, well aware of that."

"Oh man, are you serious?" I looked at her, completely bummed. I snapped out of it when I saw her open the messages from Alex.

"No-no don't read those Rach. Don't open them! Hey!" I was yelling at this point, chasing her around my room. "I don't want to know so stop reading them! Please Rach, stop it!"

I was begging at this point which was extremely out of character for me and Rachel had caught on. She handed me back my phone, "Alright, alright. I'm sorry Kaine, relax."

I sighed heavily, "I-I'm sorry. I think I'm going nuts."

I felt Rachel's eyes on me for a while as I watched the floor. I knew that I was going to regret looking like such a loser tomorrow.

Suddenly I felt a firm grip around my arm, whirling me towards my closet.

"Rach, what are you doing?"

"Alright, get dressed. We're going out."

"What-no. I don't want to go out. Can't you see I'm going through a thing?"

"We're going to see you're little human friend, hurry up before I change my fucking mind."

"Alex? We're going to see Alex? What did the texts say Rach, is he alright?" I felt a small jolt of anxiety shoot down my spine

"He's fine, I'll explain on the way there. Don't take forever either." With that, Rach rushed out of the room, shutting the door behind here.

I ripped open my closet and picked the tightest jeans I owned, along with a vintage From First to Last shirt. Still decently drunk, I stumbled over to get a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I watched as my unfamiliar reflection stared back at me. What was I doing? I knew damn well where I was supposed to be tonight and unfortunately, it wasn't with Alex. My conscious thoughts were shattered as soon as Rachel's impatient howls from the living room buzzed through my ears.