008

I was going to a party with Alex.

I'm sure it wasn't going to be like any other party I'd ever been to. The place was going to be congested with human teenagers. As if being a 21-year-old that hangs around a bunch of kids wasn't creepy enough, just throw in my constant urge to slaughter every single one of them and you've got yourself a shit show.

I knew I had to behave myself. I know I've said this before but tonight there were to be absolutely no slip ups. Alex had already seen me at my worst, I didn't need to traumatize him anymore. Plus, I still needed to keep a low profile, because everyone in the house was still on my case about the recent murders.

I was lying awake in bed, feeling uncharacteristically anxious, imaging how the night was going to go when I received a text from Alex.

Ur still coming tonight right?

I squinted my eyes at the formed words that flashed on the tiny screen.

Yeah, I'll pick you up around 8.

Ok... my mom insists on meeting u since this is the first she's hearing about u

Fuck. Before I could respond, my phone vibrated again.

I'm v sorry :c

It wasn't meeting Alex's mother that I had a problem with, I knew I could charm anyone into liking me. The thing that really bothered me was the fact that I just kept digging myself deeper and deeper into this hole and I knew nothing good could come from it, Of course I knew that. Worst part of it all, I actually felt something with Alex, something I'd never experienced before. Not in this lifetime anyway.

I took a deep breath and typed my response,  I'd love to meet your mom. See you around 8 :)

I cringed at the smiley face emoji as I hit send. I was turning into an absolute loser. I pulled myself to the edge of my bed, and briefly thought of what to wear. I headed towards my desk chair where my tightest black skinny jeans were lazily hung. Carefully, I pulled them on, examining the symmetrically placed slits on each knee. I pulled off my current wrinkled plain black t-shirt and tossed it on the floor before reaching for my tight 'Friday The 13th ' shirt that sat folded on top of my dresser. I swiftly ran my fingers through my black hair and l studied my face, licking my black lip rings. I looked fucking good.

I'd gotten so caught up in my thoughts that I had forgotten it was Halloween until two middle school sluts dressed as some obscure versions of Disney princesses showed up at our door, attempting to look sexy. Parker and Sierra were always the ones to hand out candy, so I was glad I didn't have to deal with that dilemma. I absolutely loathed that part of Halloween, it was cringe worthy. I listened to the girls giggle and flirt with Parker as I tied my shoes. It was then that I looked at the clock that read 7:50 and realized I was going to be late picking up Alex.

I pulled out my phone and shot him a quick text.

Hey sorry omw now

I slid the shiny black device back into my pocket, and grabbed my keys while walking out the door. The late October air was growing colder, and I could hear the repulsive laughter of children in the distance. Don't get me wrong, I loved Halloween, it was my favorite day of the year. It just bothered me that so many people made a mockery of it nowadays, not to mention that I strongly disliked kids.

The engine of my car rumbled beneath my feet as I pulled out of the dark garage before I noticed that for once, my nerves were on fire. I couldn't place when the last time I felt like this was and it was uncomfortable to say the very least. I felt this strange emptiness ­swirling at the pit of my stomach and I felt like I couldn't sit still.