010

*TW:Mention of suicide*

I licked the remaining blood off of David's neck and took out my neon pink switchblade that I had gotten as a gift from Rach a while back. I had to make this look like something other than a weird animal bite. People would be on my case even more if they found another body with the same wounds as the other victims from the other day. I bit at one of my lip rings nervously as I began to carve away at Davids cold skin, trying my best to make it look like he had been in a knife fight.

My bloodied hands were still shaking as I lit a cigarette. I began making my way back to where I had left my car. I had killed many people before, but tonight just seemed so different and I couldn't place why. I was completely covered in blood. My hands, my clothes, hell, even my face was splattered with blood. I finally made it back to my car and I grimaced at the reflection on the glass that stared back at me. Once in the car, i wiped my face clean and pulled away.

I drove around mindlessly for a while before I noticed that I was pulling across the the street from Alex's house. I sat in the driver's seat and stared vacantly at the house. I don't know what brought me here, maybe it was newly developed protective instinct. I knew I had to go before someone noticed me sitting in my car like a creep. Just as I turned the keys to start my car, a familiar body stood up from the porch steps, triggering the light sensors. It was Alex. He hadn't moved since I left him here about an hour ago. My chest burned at the sight of him, he was going to hate me.

I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the car. My shoulders slumped in defeat as I locked eyes with the pavement in front of my feet. My shaky pale hands fell to my side with cold blood still slowly creeping down them. I heard the patter of Alex's feet as he paced towards me. I didn't dare take my eyes off the ground, I couldn't.

I was caught off guard by the warm embrace that Alex had engulfed me in. I stumbled back, hitting my car as I hung tight to Alex who was now crying. We stood like this for a while and I could feelAlex's tears roll down the crook of my neck.

"You're okay." Alex said in a relieved tone.

"Alex. I did something really bad...like really really bad."

"I know." He stepped back and analyzed my blood covered body. I watch him curiously as his eyes became fixated on my bloody hand. "Did he cry?"

I was taken aback by the coldness in his voice, "W-what?"

He grabbed my hand and studied it for a moment before bringing it to his warm mouth and sucking the sticky substance off my finger.

"What the fuck are you doing, Alex?" I snatched my hand back in horror. This was completely out of character and I wondered if he was still drunk. Admittedly though, it still would have been odd even if he had been completely shit faced.

Alex pulled his hand back seeming completely surprised at what he'd just done. "S-sorry...I didn't..." I waited for him to finish his sentence but he never did. His actions concerned me but he seemed to have snapped out of it and I didn't want to agitate the situation any further. What mattered was that Alex wasn't mad at me and everything was going to be okay.

I cleaned off my hand on my shirt and brought it to Alex's warm cheek, "Are you sure you're okay?" he nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards his house.

My concern faded away as he drew me into his warm house. Alex turned to me and put a finger to his mouth, motioning for me to be quiet as we crept up the stairs. I was unaware of the time but judging by the empty streets, I assumed that I was past 12am.

We got to Alex's room which was completely covered in posters. Mostly of bands that I had listened to years ago. His room smelt earthy, like patchouli and I absolutely loved it. I walked over to a neon brokencyde poster and let out a disappointed sigh, "Really?"