Hospital Beds and Nobody Gotta Know

Alex's POV
All I could see was darkness.
Somewhere in the distance Zachs voice spoke.
I tried to reach out to him but as soon as I got close I would be yanked back.
I tried this for so many days, weeks, months, maybe even years.
But at the end of it all I came to a conclusion.
My body is my prison and the nightmares have finally come to play.
Zachs POV
Its been 2 years since Alex first fell into her coma. We're back in LA and doing better than ever. However all this success means nothing.
We're missing Alex. All of us. Jonah won't admit it, Jack is always very quiet, Corbyn is becoming depressed without her, and as for me, I'm losing more and more hope each day.
After breakfast I order and uber and have him drive me to the hospital where Alex is.
Each day I go back to visit her even though her chances of waking up are slim.
I walk into her room and sit on a chair. I take her hand in mine and begin to speak.
"Hey, Stevenson. I miss you. The boys do to. Its been 2 years since we heard you laugh, talk or even smile. Jack misses your nicknames, Jonah misses your humor, I miss your personality and Corbyn is barely functional. The band has blown up just like you said it would. We top charts all the time, but it means nothing with out you by our side. On a brighter side Logan hit 40 million subscribers and Jake isn't too far behind. What I'm trying to say is...
Alex, we miss you. Its hard to function when you know your best friend is in a coma she might not wake up from. And yes, you're my best friend. So Alex, I hope to see you soon. Whether its up above or right here in LA."
Once I finish I stare at her. Not in a creepy way but just in a way. If you know what i mean.
Her blonde brown hair is sprayed across the pillow. She looks older. Well then again she is 20. Alex missed her 18th birthday. The boys and I had a special performance planned out but it all fell though. Instead for the past two years we've sang Alex's Favorite song from us which is Nobody Gotta Know and given her presents. Yes, she never could open them but they all sit on her bed at Logan's apartment waiting for her.
I get up and leave and get driven back to the Why Don't We house.
Each day I post something on Alex's Instagram page. Usually its a picture of her or a picture of all of us. Then I caption it with a song lyric and post it. Here's today's post:

Alex99- I need you in my life like LimeLight, whenever I go I'm taking you

342,251 likes
Comments Disabled.
After that, the boys and I go record for a while and then come back home around 10 pm.
Tomorrow is Alex's birthday and we're all going up to the hospital to sing.
Now even though she's in a coma doesn't mean she can't have nice things. I got her a pair of vans, Jack got her a leather jacket, Jonah got her these really expesive sunglasses, and Corbyn wouldn't tell us what he got her but it's obviously something big and important.
I go to sleep that night and Alex fills my head just like every other night for the past 2 years.
The next day, we all get ready and drive up to the hospital gifts and guitar in hand.
First we sing happy birthday and then we give her the gifts. Corbyn insists on being last so when jack is done, Corbyn pulls a small box put if his pocket. He opens the box and pulls out a locket.
"Alex, this is a locket that represents me and the boys love for you. Inside I put a picture of all of us together laughing at Zach after he was scared by a Clown at Knotts Scary Farm." Corbyn explains to Alex
He clips the necklace around Alex's neck and steps back.
Then Daniel picks up his guitar and we start to sing.
We work our way though Nobody Gotta Know and at Corbyns part, he goes up and takes her hand while he sings
"I've been missing I've been crushing on you all night. I should take you to the Moon that's a long flight we should chill me and-- ALEX!!!"
I glance up floor and look at the bed.
Lying in the hospital bed is Alex. Fully awake with a now crying boy draped pretty much on top of her.
Immeditly we all rush over.
Alex's eyes hit mine and she grins.
"Zach! You're eighteen! I'm surprised you didn't get arrested yet!" She exclaims from the bed.
Our reunion is cut short when the doctors come in and to check Alex.
We're forced out but before we leave Daniel yells
"WE DIDNT GET TO FINISH OUR SONG!!"
I glance at the rest of the boys. Everyone had been crying and so everyone's face is kind of red. But what I wasn't expecting was for Corbyn to be nearly tomato red and him to be laughing.
Just because he was laughing, it set all of us off and we all started laughing until we could breath and we were silent because we were laughing so hard.
Daniel managed to catch the moment on video because 20 minutes after we had finally calmed down, it was put right up on Intagram.
Now its been nearly 2 hours since we saw Alex but hey, we've waited 2 years i think we'll all last just a few more hours

THANK YOU FOR 600+ READS
word count 979
Sorry for typos.