Falling Into Place

Start from the beginning

"So Bellamy, Octavia are you staying?"

  "I am. I prefer working with you than watching a bunch of virgins rave about lame frat parties all day."

    Lincoln and Bellamy both stopped eating and eyed Octavia, who ignored their looks and continued on with the conversation.

  "Bellamy's staying too, apparently Florida sucks." Octavia finished, Bellamy nodded his agreement as he swallowed his food.

    The group carried on their mild chatter but out of the corner of her eye, Clarke saw Lexa paste a bit of pasta sauce on Demetria's nose. Demetria giggled as she tried to lick it off with her tongue, but alas, it was too short. Lexa laughed at the failed attempt, and at that the room seemed brighter at the tenfold for Clarke.

  Demetria stubborn as ever, nose bumped Lexa on the cheek; and the two sported matching pasta sauce before they wiped it off merrily.

  "Clarke?" Raven asked from beside her.

  "Hmm?"

  "You just invented infatuation."

***

"Clarke Welcome Back!" Harper greeted with coffee and a Manila folder.

  "Feels good to be back."

  "While you were gone, our sales doubled and your stocks took a spike from the political events." Harper informed curtiously. She carefully placed both items on Clarke's glass desk before dismissing herself out of the office.

  Before the rush of a brand new day at the office, Clarke decided to text Lexa about how her first day back.

Mon Amour

Clarke: How's it going?

Lexa: I almost killed half my employees.

Clarke: So, a normal day.

Lexa: Basically.

   Clarke laughed and slid her phone back into her purse as her work tablet illuminated with emails and reminders. Back to work.

***

"Why are you driving me again?" Demetria asked, sliding her sunglasses on as they neared the school.

  "Well I'm not employed, Clexa are working, Octavia's unpacking, and Raven can't walk." Emori listed concisely.

  "Can't walk yet." Raven corrected from the passenger seat.

  "Right, not yet."

"Demi, whatever you do, don't get called into the principals office. I'm pretty sure he'll recognize me." Emori says, articulating each word as if she recalled a specific memory.

"You went to the same high school?" Demetria asks, her jaw slightly dropping in shock. Emori nodded as Raven giggled a bit in the back seat. "I- Wait what'd you do?"

"Let's just say the memorial statue of Lincoln in the courtyard originally had two arms."

   The car pulled into the parking lot and Demetria slipped out after thanking the two of them.