Fall Out

"I don't think I can survive another second."
"Octavia it's been a day."

"Your point?"

Clarke sighed and leaned on her elbows towards her phone, which was currently on speaker. Octavia had started unpacking in her dorm room and had taken the opportunity to call Clarke and inform her about the hell hole she moved into.

The business woman was in the middle of attempting to make dinner for the household when her phone rang, the meal was bound to end up in the trash so Clarke gave up and answered her phone instead. Demetria glanced up from a book when Clarke placed the phone back down and put it on speaker, allowing their conversation to be openly heard.

"Just don't make any rushed decisions." Clarke replies, laughing when Octavia whined from the other end of the call.

"How's everyone else?" Octavia asks.

"Raven's hungover, Anya's hungover, Lexa's sober but working, Luna's sad, Lincoln's hungover and sad. Don't know about the rest, everyone else left before saying anything. Oh and Demetria is...."Clarke looks up from her phone to Demetria in question. The teen stood up and walked up to Clarke's phone in a frenzy, the blonde quirking an eyebrow at Demetria's odd behavior.

"Any chance you can ship me there before school starts?" Demetria asks hopefully, Clarke let out a soft laugh and rested her head on the teens.

"Nice try. I had to suffer school, so do you." Octavia says, Clarke and Demetria could hear the smile in her voice even through the crackling noises. "I've got to call Bellamy, talk to you guys later."

"Bye." Clarke responds, slightly frowning as the line clicks dead. Demetria slithers out of Clarke's grasp and returns to her seat on a stool.

"Must I go to school?" Demetria says, closing her book.

"The law says you must." Clarke answers, mimicking Demetria's slight accent as she checked her phone for clarification on the recipe.

"I already know how to survive." Demetria says, tapping her fingers on her book in a steady rhythm.

"Life is about more than just surviving." Clarke jumps at Lexa's voice, dropping her phone on the counter and receiving an entertained giggle from Demetria. "Or at least it should be." Lexa continues, walking into the kitchen and kissing the top of Demetria's head before taking a seat next to her.

Clarke snorted with amusement when Demetria looked both shocked and terrified by Lexa's show of affection.

"What on earth are you making?" Lexa asked with concern, stepping over to the oven to see Clarke's creation.

"Dinner." Clarke says, walking around Lexa's body to open the oven. Smoke seeped out of the slight crack and Lexa stepped back coughing from the thick fumes.

"Just because Octavia doesn't live here doesn't mean you have to burn down the house." Demetria states, grabbing the fire extinguisher from a cupboard and handing it to Lexa. Clarke was too distracted to reply to Demetria's comment and opened the oven while Lexa sprayed it when she saw orange flames flicker.

Seconds later the fire alarm went off and Clarke shut her eyes as if to convince herself that it would turn off on its own. However, Clarke was met with no such luck and when she opened her eyes once again Lexa was standing on the kitchen counter-top fanning the alarm with a kitchen rag.

"Here let me help you." Clarke says, frantically grabbing Demetria's book and hopping up on the counter to come to Lexa's aid.

"Or, you could press the big red button on the side." Demetria says as if it were common logic. But before Clarke could check for such a button Lexa punched the alarm and it shut down instantly. "That works too."