The Army of Chaos

Beginne am Anfang

At this point in their relationship, the children didn't even bother to stand up and face their parents. They simply moved to sit on the front desks, sat on the chairs or the desks.

"So what's with the setup?" Annabeth asked. "Did you hire another architect?"

"Actually, I did the work." Athena said proudly.

"I helped with the decor!" Aphrodite piped up.

"Do you like it?" Athena asked.

"Yeah. Kind of." Annabeth mumbled. "I would've done something different." Athena scoffed but ultimately smiled.

"Well you can go nuts after we're done talking." Athena said. "That's why we called you here, actually."

"For a job offer?" Alex asked.

"For the new arrangements." Poseidon said. "Brother." He called for Hades, who was sitting next to him.

"What?" Hades shook from his daydream and looked forward. "Oh right. Yes. The new arrangement."

Hades cleared his throat and sat up straight.

"Zeus and Hera are currently away. With the mortality, and injuries, they're currently getting things straight." Poseidon started. "So Zeus have placed Hades in charge in his place."

"Because you ducked out of it Poseidon." Hades grumbled.

"Anyway." Posiedon chuckled. "Explain the new arrangements." He urged Hades.

"Well. There is not a better way to say this." Hades said. "We would like for you to serve with us."

"Meaning?" Luke asked.

"Those of you who aren't already, will be gifted with immortality." Hades explained. "You will be seated with the council." He gestured to the seats next to them. "And you will serve as the Army of Chaos for the world and the rest of you however long life."

"Wait wait wait." Percy said. "What?"

"I'm lost." Nico said. "And I'm already immortal."

"I don't get it." Silena said.

"This is a joke." Clarisse mumbled. "This better be a joke."

"Listen, listen." Athena clapped her hands just as the room burst into questions and shouting. "This is a proposal. We are not forcing you, we are asking you."

"Look." Aphrodite said. "Clearly you have proven to us that we wouldn't've survived without you, and you are Chaos' replacement."

"Chaos is alive, you don't actually need us." Piper said.

"Yes, but we don't know where he is, or even when or if he's going to come back." Hades said, looking at Aether.

"That's true." Aether sighed. "But I don't have anything to do with this, I'm already immortal."

"Here's the thing." Poseidon said, as he stood from his seat. "This is simply an official way of doing it." He smiled. "We all know death isn't going to stop you, or us, from getting you involved in future troubles."