Mindless - 18

The moment they left from the entrance of the dungeon, the thoughts of the ancient technology flowed through the three's heads. Conducted electricity illuminated the entire area and powered contraptions & machinery to work in a specific way, gears were turning to cause everything to operate efficiently, and ancient symbols were slowly moving among the walls that they didn't understand.

As they were wondering how such things were created, they followed a different route hoping to arrive at the large cities of Opeozure. They noticed a trail of hair and blood going a different route but ignored it, hoping to get to the entrance of a large city. After fifteen minutes or so, they came to the entrance of Zurxen, a major city in Opeozure, seeing two guards holding spears.

The moment the two guards saw the Earl, Adwin, and Maryn, they rushed forward and attempted a heavy spear attack. Adwin countered by hitting their spears with the Light Greatsword and knocked it off into the air. He dropped the two guards and pointed the blade at them, having a confident expression.

One of the two guards made a strange hissing sound and stood on his feet, trying to grab Adwin. Maryn swiftly moved in his way and tripped the man down onto the ground again. 

"Why do you guys not save me some people to fight?" Earl said with a hint of annoyance while Adwin nodded at Maryn and knocked the guards out, causing them to be unconscious.

Later, the guards awakened as they sighted three blurred figures. Their vision returned to its normal state as they saw Adwin, Maryn, and Earl.

One of the guards spoke. "Wh-what's going on? I remember seeing the city leader leave on a wagon and then having my eyes shut." The other guard nodded at what he was saying.

"My name's Wixon Erend," the guard said. "My friend here's name is Bernard."

Bernard turned around and looked at the city, sighting at the people. Small figures and dolls were on the ground, citizens and children were walking aimlessly around the city with dead, empty eyes. He was wondering why everyone seemed so empty--and it was then, he came to a realization.

"Everyone here has been mind-controlled!" Bernard shouted out loud. "Who could have done this?"

Everyone stared at the people in the city and gazed at the largest building. "Could the leader be there?" Wixon asked, not expecting an answer. He took a pause and spoke once more. "The leader's Opeo Ability isn't mind-control, so it couldn't have been him."

"He must've been kidnapped!" Bernard shouted. "Leader Dreu could not have simply let this happen."

Adwin thought about what was going on for a moment, and jumped to a reasonable conclusion. "It's likely the one who mind-controlled everyone here had done so for power, so it's fair to say he or she is still present in this city." He pointed at the largest building in the city. "Perhaps, he or she is present in there."

Wixon glimpsed at the building and nodded, agreeing to what Adwin said. "You may be right," he said. "The person or persons who were behind all this nonsense may be present at the main government building. Will you please help us find our leader and stop whoever is plotting behind this?"

Adwin, Earl, and Maryn nodded.

Wixon displayed a slight smile, gazed at the azure skies, and looked back. "We should split up then," he said. "Adwin and Maryn should look for Leader Dreu while Earl, Bernard, and I try to disable the mind-control and stop whoever is behind all this!"

Everyone nodded and separated themselves into two groups, one with two people and the other with three.

_