The Scarlet Brotherhood - 3

The realm of Opeomund had colossal mountain ranges distances away from the kingdom of Norwick. What stood on the connected mountains was the massive city of Skyon that was surrounded by large steel gates. Their homes inside the very gates were huge with lots of open land for cattle grazing, farming, and other work. Craftsmen and artisans are quite popular, and large supplies of weapons and abilities were in storage. Thousands of folks lived their lives inside the city and digressed from the oppressing usurper king that tyrannized the open land far away. The massive city was advanced with their uses and was considered even superior to that of the kingdom of Norwick.

The same group of people that tampered with Norwick a little earlier approached Skyron. The guards gazed at the group and opened the steel gates to let them inside. "Welcome back, Scarlet Brotherhood," the guards announcing his welcome to the group. The leader, Alan Paftor, replied, "Hello Taureon." All the barons went inside and were warmly welcomed by a large number of people. 

The barons smiled in reply and walked forward to their base. Adwin followed along. Once they entered the base of operations, the rest of the hundreds of barons stood inside. One of the members closed the door, and soon introduced themselves to Adwin, with more people following.

"Welcome to the Scarlet Brotherhood base," Alan welcoming Adwin, "or better yet, welcome to the massive city of Skyron." 

Adwin gazed at the great number of people that were standing inside the base and all the people that were kindly looking at him. Alan opened a door to an eating room and asked Adwin to follow. Adwin gazed at the massive base that held an enchanting sight. Everything was lit up perfectly, and the walls to the floors to the roofs looked so pretty and clean. Adwin followed Alan to the room.

Adwin sat down with Alan and listened to him talking. "Your mother, Adwin," Alan started to speak, "she is right here in Skyron being treated with care in the greatest medical center in all of Opeomund. With that, your horse is being grazed to run even faster than it already could now."

"Thank you!" Adwin replied as quick as he could. In such a while he could not feel happy again, after the loss of his brother. He continued to imagine his brother watching over him, even in his most desperate need. "Of course," Alan said, "now, I ask you a favor. Please join the Scarlet Brotherhood rebellion and be a part of the hundreds of members there currently is. You don't have to--if you want, you can just be a fellow citizen of Skyron being protected inside the gates and just live normally."

"You mean, I don't have to pay you for anything?" Adwin asked. 

"Of course not," Alan answered. "You see, in Skyron, everyone will occupy themselves if they wish to. We are rich in land and food and all these sorts of things. No one here, unlike Norwick, needs to pay with coins for anything. We share, and though we establish freedom, we do not allow those who oppress run the streets. Everything here is free, as everyone here is living happily--children roaming, adults merrily working, and all the elders joyously watching us grow."

"I want to end a certain someone," Adwin said, "so I will join the rebellion."

"Come," Alan beckoned, "arrive at the training yard to meet some more members and train with them. They will train you and strengthen your Opeo Abilities to forge them into your powers."

"What are Opeo Abilities?" Adwin asked.

"Opeo Abilities are your powers and abilities to do tasks--the power to heal, the power to strengthen, the power to create, and so much more!" Alan answered. "Opeo Abilities are hidden inside all the souls of the realm but are quite perilous in the wrong hands. That is why there are few souls who have the power to remove another's Opeo Abilities--but only for the purpose of good."

"Do I-"

"Maryn sensed you are one of the few to have such an ability," Alan politely interrupted Adwin. "She is in the training yard right now. Right outside the back door."

Adwin exited the base through the back door and approached the training yard.