Dungeon - 17

Once Adwin was tied up and sitting in a chair like Maryn and Earl, the three men started whispering to themselves in private. The three tied up to the chair could hear distinct sounds of the Forgelaws' voices, listening to words such as "dungeon" and "lost". Once the Forgelaws were done with their discussion, they removed the gag that would muffle the three's voices and placed a cloth into their mouths, forcing them unconscious. The Forgelaws then placed them into a bag and started carrying them all the way to the dungeon.

The Forgelaws had marks on all interesting locations over every realm in their map, whether it was the dungeon their next destination would be or the location of each town, village, or city. They'd carry a map with them wherever they want, studying the map as they were on a highly-elevated area to scope for things afar. The dungeon was a rather intriguing location for the Forgelaws considering each report of the dungeon only states a person never returned. The Forgelaws assumed treasure or an answer to some mystery lies there guarded by something difficult. Something powerful.

The Forgelaws carried the three all the way to a cave, knowing that it would be the entrance of the dungeon. They took their bags off and forced them inside the cave, glimpsing at a rocky slope that led to an illuminated area. Afterward, the Forgelaws removed the rope that bounded the three's hands and then pushed them down the slope, letting them slide down uncomfortably. The moment they started sliding, the Forgelaws barricaded the cave's entrance with large boulders.

"Have fun in your labyrinth," Axel said with an eerie smile before the boulders completed closed the entrance. "It was nice to see you one last time."

The three continually slid down until eventually, they fell into a pond of water, gazing at what was illuminated the area. They saw gears turning and circuitries that conducted electricity, effectively illuminating the area. The entire area had a golden hue, from the floors to the walls to the ceilings. There were blue-colored symbols of an ancient language they didn't understand that was slowly moving along the walls, roughly translating into some words such as "creation" and "importance".

"So much we don't know," Earl said with a cough as he stared in awe at the ancient technology. "Amazing."

Adwin walked up to a lever in front of what appeared to be a locked door. He pulled the lever, releasing all of his sheer strength until finally having the door open. They all walked in, seeing skeletons of what were children and adults.

"Those must've been the ones who had never returned," Maryn said. "Things must've been unfortunate."

Adwin thought of how the family of the people who died in the dungeon felt. Their families would have been in utter despair, enveloped in sadness as they never realized their last encounters with those they loved.

The three continually moved on, watching the gears on the walls turning at a fast rate. They walked in a triangle formation, with Earl being on the front, Adwin being on the right and Maryn on the left.

Soon, the three walked into a room that was locked in the second they entered. Two coffins were standing across from each other, being unexpectedly opened from sensors. Within the smoke that scattered outward revealed two sharp blade-wielding machines that viciously stared at the three with red laser dot eyes. The lasers targeted at them, making constant beep noises until a large beep turned into a beam that swiftly attacked them.

A small explosion covered the area, knocking the three backward. Earl and Adwin lied down on the ground as Maryn sprinted at one of the two and struck through the upper body with her blade; there was barely a scratch made. The machine grabbed the collar of Maryn's shirt, picked her up, and sent her flying backward, having her head hit a bar.

The Realm of Opeomundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें