Confrontation - 5

5 days later...

The long ride was reaching to a stop. The wagon filled with supplies of townsfolk clothes laid under a sheet, collecting dust. The long swords were sheathed and on the backs of the soldiers at the rear of the wagon hiding in cover. The long ride where mountain ranges had to be crossed was almost to a stop. 

Maryn took a deep breath, gazing at the kingdom of Norwick set on the grounds of the realm. The folk there lay oppressed and forced to do work, after the execution of the one true, beloved king. The two days where preparation had been made needed to be executed for the one true battle, to overthrow the usurper king that had been feared by so many. Maryn took a glimpse at Adwin who had been silently napping during the wagon ride, quite uncomforted. 

He would be the one to remove overwhelming powers of the usurper king, Maryn had thought to herself. But, I have this feeling that we'll fail. I recall learning about a war that happened long ago between a corrupt king. Lots of bloodsheds had occurred. 

Maryn's long, brunette hair had moved along with the calm breeze as the sunlight lit the entire wagon, being able to be seen from countless distances away. The open field the five people were on felt warm from the sunlight. Adwin had stared at the area and recalled childhood memories fading away. He then clenched his fist and gritted his teeth as he thought of the usurper king.

Everyone on the wagon knew what had to be done--all had to go along with the plan--or they may end up dying if that was one of the bad-case scenarios. The plan was to encompass the entire kingdom, bringing in reinforcements steadily and slowly, while the main force dives into the town to rid of the man who's inside. More wagons were set to arrive, hidden in plain sight looking like mere poor townsfolk that had moved from lands far away. 

Agil spent his time constructing cannons filled with gunpowder to explode an entire fortress and blades that would strike the head of a beast in one stroke. There was no saying what the usurper king was capable of.

Opeomund had been a realm that seemed such a wonderful place on the surface but in reality a place of dark secrets.

Your training would be the decision of whether or not fate has been sealed--the question of whether or not we'll bring the enemy onto the ground on knees, in front of all people begging for mercy, Maryn had thought while glimpsing at Adwin.

This would strictly be a goal of encompassing and getting the enemy to surrender, possibly striking in the process. 

The wagon stopped in place, near the entrance of Adwin's old house. The house was burned down, with shades of black on the ground and trees seemingly having been affected. Smoke plumed quite a bit, yet everything was in ashes. The old house that everyone in Adwin's family lived for childhood and had fond memories of had been burned down in place. The open field overtook the land it used to have, and now there is new territory for more explorers. 

Adwin wept for a second. There was, however, no time that could be wasted. The soldiers, five of them, were dressed as townsfolk that would seem like they're moving to the city under the rule of the usurper king. Little did the guards know there would be an entire army surrounding them from the outskirts of the kingdom, slowly watching with cannons all ready to fire and bows with arrows ready to be filling the air. 

In a moment, everything will start.