chapter eleven

The days went quickly leading up to the parents arrival. Liam and Louis were panicking.

It was Tuesday and their parents had already confirmed that they'd be home by the time the boys came home from school. What they didn't know was that Harry and Niall were coming with them too.

Liam had convinced himself to finally come out to his parents. He knew that they would love him; they loved Louis, just with a tough love.

On the ride home, the car was silent. Liam was fidgeting in his driver seat, Niall playing with his fingers until he had to shift to the next gear then playing with them again, trying to calm Liam down.

Louis and Harry were following Liam. Harry decided to drive his truck, just in case something went wrong. He wanted to be able to get out of there with Niall without causing a hassle with Louis or Liam's car.

The large white range rover was in the driveway, where Louis usually parked. He pulled to the side of Liam's corvette and got out slowly. He wasn't ready for this moment.

Harry grabbed his hand as they made their way to the front door.

Louis nor Liam had ever felt so uncomfortable in their own house.

"Mom? Dad?" Liam hollered, hearing nothing but silence as he opened the front door.

Suddenly, his mom came from the kitchen, an apron around her waist and oven mitts on her hands. Liam had never seen her lift a finger in the kitchen.

"Oh boys! I'm so happy to see you!" Johanna immediately went in for a hug, separating the boys from their boyfriends and bringing them close to her chest. "How was school?" she asked but the boys both knew she didn't actually care. They didn't want to pretend that this was something more than it actually was. They'd be gone in a couple days regardless; no reason to find an attachment now.

"Good," Louis started, "Mum, I'd like to re-introduce you to Harry. He's my boyfriend now."

"Hi, I'm Harry Styles, ma'am," Harry politely stuck his hand out to shake. She took off her oven mitt from her left hand and smiled.

"Oh, please, call me Jay, Harry. It's very nice to meet you. I presume you make Louis happy, yes?"

"I try my hardest." Harry, of course, used his charm, trying to impress Jay. He didn't want to make her think the wrong thing just because of his tattoos or hair or any other pre-conceived notion he knew she might try to create.

"Good good," she turned to Liam, "who's this?" She points at Niall with a long red nail.

"Mummy, this is Niall. He's-"

"Your boyfriend?"

Their father was walking down the stairs, expensive dress shoes pounding against the wooden stairs. He raised his eyebrows in question when Liam didn't respond for a second.

"Yes, dad. This is Niall. My boyfriend."

Niall gave a shaky smile, extending his hand to Johanna. She accepted with a knowing smile. Geoff kept his hand down.

"Liam James, may I speak with you in my office?" his dad questions. Liam looks down, tears welling in his eyes and nodding.

"Dad, may I join?"

Louis' question was quick and he had already begun to follow the two men up the stairs. His father could've disagreed.

Louis wouldn't care.

"Liam, why haven't you mentioned liking males before?" Geoff asked harshly.

"I didn't know how to explain..you and mum have put so much pressure on me; I didn't want to disappoint anyone. I'm sorry," Liam's eyes stay down.