20 - Hold On

✧Previously on Chapter Nineteen✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- Graphic details of violence
- Mentions of blood
- Bones break ...

Be sad, please.

The weather reflected exactly how Louis felt - gloomy and cold. It was another day that had passed, and it was another day that it was thunder storming. Nothing had seemed right in the world ever since Harry had left it, and it was almost like everything around Louis was empty and lifeless - like there was no purpose for happiness and laughter. Louis really had no recollection of time, if anything, time didn't exist anymore if he didn't get to spend his hours with his mate. Louis was in a constant spiral downward, not feeling the energy to do anything other than cry and feel guilty for not getting to Harry in time.

Grief, everyone handles it differently, especially Louis. Louis had to handle his fair share of grief over the past few years and nothing could ever amount to what he was feeling now. It was like his whole heart was ripped out of his chest and he was now just a shell of a man he once was. He spent hours into the night replaying the vivid image of Simon taking Harry's life away on repeat and screaming into the pillow about how much he hated himself for just letting it happen. Harry sacrificed his life just so Louis could have the strength to go up against two alphas, and Louis promised that he would always be there to protect Harry, except, he lied. He didn't protect Harry in the end.

Louis' emotions were a constant whirlwind of feeling sad, to getting angry, to feeling nothing at all. It had only been a few days since the battle had occurred, a few days since Simon died, a few days since Nick was captured, and a few days since the love of Louis' life left him alone on the traitorous earth. It had only been a few days, and Louis' heart was still missing Harry's presence - his ears were ringing with the distant memory of Harry's laugh - and his nose begged for having one final scent of Harry's natural and human smell before it turned into decaying skin. It's really only been a few days, and Louis felt like his entire world was crashing down on him.

Harry was dead - there was no doubt about it, but the worst part about his death that Louis could never forgive himself for was just watching everything happen in front of his eyes. He knew the second he heard Harry's scream for help, he was already too late. Simon's claw was already buried deep within Harry's chest, and his sharp, pointy teeth were already puncturing through Harry's neck. It was all right there within a tangible reach in front of Louis, but he was just simply seconds too late. If he had paid any attention at all to his human boyfriend fighting in a war with all werewolves, then he knew he could have easily prevented this.

Louis hadn't left the medic room since he first brought Harry inside. Everything within his body was refusing him to leave and just craving for his final moments of being close to his almost mate. Louis thought this feeling would die down since Harry was gone, but something deep in Louis' gut forced him to stay right there next to his boy.

At least a couple of the wolves had come in to fix Harry up so he wouldn't look too much like a corpse. They changed out his bloody clothes in favor of dressing him some of Louis', just so Louis' inner wolf could be pleased that Harry smelt somewhat like him. They also freshened up Harry's hair so it wasn't as chaotic or dry as it had been, and in all truthfulness, they managed to make Harry look like he was laying there sleeping rather than laying there dead. Harry still looked like he had some life within his frail body that it almost fooled Louis every time he looked over at him, but the deafening silence of no heart beat was a big indicator to Louis that his mind was playing games with himself to help mend his broken heart.