16 - The Soulmate

✧Previously on Chapter Fifteen✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- Detailed violence
- Character Deaths
- Mentions of Blood.

Be Aware ...

Harry started his trek home from school with another reluctant sigh escaping from him. It was yet another day that had passed since he heard nothing about Ed, and his patience was starting to wear thin. He wished he could just go up to the cabin and see Ed for himself, but one, he had know clue where he was going, and two, he really didn't think he could see Ed looking so damaged again. It hurt enough the first time, but Harry was getting desperate at seeing his best friend again.

Things with Louis were finally at a stable place again, so Harry should be happy enough about that, but there was just so much going on outside of his relationship that he couldn't even find time to be happy with the boy. He knew Louis was preparing for the inevitable war with Nick, and he knew that Ed was in critical condition barely holding on to his life, plus, his mother now knew about werewolves, and his relationship was blasted in front of Robin and Mr. Lucas, so he really couldn't sit there and smile about the fact that he had the mate ring on his finger again.

Harry pulled up into his driveway ten minutes after he left the school. He wasn't expecting to see Louis today because he knew the past couple of days had been stressful on him. Louis had been busy preparing his Eta's for battle and ensuring everything was set in preparation for war, so Harry had gotten pretty accustomed to getting home by himself. However, when Harry stepped out the car with his backpack hanging off one arm, his eyes flickered across the yard to see the said best friend he had been so worried about sitting down on one of the porch steps.

Harry paused in his tracks and stared widely at where Ed was leaning against the railing to the steps. He could feel his lips curving up into a big smile before he was dropping his bag and rushing over to Ed's side. Ed let out a laugh when Harry nearly plopped into his arms, resting the entirety of his weight in Ed's hold despite how fragile he was looking.

"Harry," Ed smiled, patting Harry gently on the back. "I'm still a little sore."

Harry pulled back instantly and wiped the tears he felt filling his eyes. He let out a deprecating laugh at his own emotions and ended up sitting next to Ed on the step. "How are you feeling?"

"Got banged up pretty good, not going to lie." Ed tried to brush it off playfully with a smile, but he could see the way Harry was worrying his bottom lip in between his teeth that showed just how concerned he really was. Ed let out a sigh and wrapped an arm around Harry's shoulder. "He didn't do enough damage to kill, just to slow my healing down. He got me good on my shoulder and clawed me in my chest, but for the most part, it's all finally healing again."

"When did he do this to you?"

Ed's lips curved down, eyes casting across the yard to stare at the trees on the other side of the street. "It was on your birthday," he replied hesitantly, feeling Harry stiffen under his hold. "He did it to get a reaction out of Louis and to prove to him that he will do whatever it takes to bring him down."

"We need to do something then," Harry concluded to himself, sounding determined and willing to do just about anything.

Ed rolled his eyes at the comment and laughed breathily. "You're not doing anything," he eased, rolling his eyes when Harry pouted. "Trust me, Louis is prepared. He's waiting for the moment that Nick escapes from the founders because that's when he's going to kill him."