{ road trip }

"Athena," Cora whined, though she'd deny it afterwards, "please, just go with them," she sounded tired and fed up but hadn't given in, she was a insanely stubborn, just like Athena.

The whole day Cora had been trying to convince Athena to go with Allison (the girl with the bow who'd saved them) and Lydia (who was apparently a banshee) to follow a school field trip to a cross-country race. Athena had no idea why Cora would want her to go and the other girl refused to tell her why she should.

"Give me one good reason, Cora." Athena stated, turning over another page in her book, which was really hard to concentrate on with Cora hanging over her shoulder, by the way. 

"Because... you're going to be going to school with them soon, you may as well get to know them first," Cora spoke, Athena listened to her sister's heart rate, waiting for it to speed up or do a little jump, but it remained steady. Cora was a good liar now, she couldn't lie to save her skin before the fire.

"That's bull," Athena said, flipping her book shut and making eye contact with her, "tell me why you want me to go. If you can provide me with a real reason, I don't mind going on this little road trip."

Cora hesitated, thinking things through before deciding to answer, "I want to check out the site where Derek died." She bit her lip, "But I want to be by myself, if that's okay, I just, I need a little time to mourn, you know?"

Athena say up straight, rolling her eyes, "Cora, that's absolutely fine. You should have just said so."

"Really?" She asked.

"Mmhmm." Athena nodded.

"Man, if I knew it was that easy," the girl mumbled.

"Also, It would be good to have someone keep an eye on things over there, Boyd and Isaac can be irrational, someone should be there to stop them doing anything stupid," Cora paused, "And... something definitely happened with Scott that night, I don't know what, but it could be dangerous." 

Athena scrunched up her nose, babysitting duty, great.

She rolled her eyes, "I don't know why you didn't just tell me, we could have avoided the last six hours of you annoying me."

"I didn't think you'd agree, I thought you'd want to come with us." Cora shrugged.

"I do, but you can keep me updated through texts or calls or whatever," said Athena.

"Same goes for you, I want to know everything that happens,"Cora instructed.

"Sure thing," Athena agreed, hiding a smirk.

○○○

we just pulled off a freeway Athena texted Cora.

lydia shifted to fourth gear 

allison's worried the boys will notice us

we turned a big corner

there's a few trees on the side of the road

they're gone now

oh look there's some more

When I said text me everything that happened I didn't mean it literally  Cora replied, Athena could feel her irritation through the phone and smirked.

you gotta be more specific sis 

Just save the updates for emergency's all right?