{ attack }

"Stop, you two aren't done healing." Derek commands as Cora does an extensive exercise routine and Athena warms up for a run.

"Yeah? Well I'm done lying around," Cora says, finishing her pull ups and starting push ups.

"Then sit." Derek suggests.

"I haven't had more that ten feet to move around in for three months, I need to get out in the open," Athena adds, stretching her arm muscles behind her back.

"You can't leave!" Derek moves to stop Athena.

"You can't make me stay!" Athena retorts back.

"Considering I'm your legal guardian right now, yeah, I can."

Athena rolled her eyes, carrying on stretching all her muscles out while Cora distracted Derek.

"Are you gonna help us go after them?" Cora challenged.

Athena watched as Derek snuck up behind Cora and kicked her arm out from underneath her. Cora immediately sprung onto the balls of her feet and started throwing punches at Derek, who blocked them all.

"Come on, fight back!" She yelled "I came back for this?" She scoffed, "I can't believe I got my ass thrown in a vault for three months for you. All those rumours I heard. A powerful new Alpha, one of the Hales, was building a pack. Do you know how long I waited to hear something like that? Do you have any idea how it felt to find out you were alive?"

Athena hadn't heard any of those rumours, she'd been living in the dark for a third of her life. She supposed she hadn't stuck around long enough anywhere to hear gossip.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you," a not very sorry sounding Derek said.

Just then an alarm started blaring, a red light on the wall flashing in time with it.

"What does that mean?" Athena asked, trying to keep the fear out of her voice.

"Trouble," Derek said, looking nervously at the light.

Not even a second after the words left his mouth, the door behind Athena was prised open, by a man she recognised to be one of her captors. He was bold and extremely muscled, his teeth bared in a maniacal grin.

Well, there went Athena's plans for a run.

Both Cora and Athena charged at the man, having no second thoughts about hurting this man.

"No, wait. Wait!" Derek called. They ignored him.

Athena reached him first, having been right next to the door, she jumped on his back, intending to over power him that way, but he seemed unaffected. She squeezed her legs around his torso and locked her arms around his neck, angling her wrists so they dug right into his throat, then jolting back to suffocate him.

All this did was wind him up, he charged backwards into a wall, successfully crushing Athena between the weight of him and the building.

She choked out a gasp and let go of him, sliding down the wall while he moved on to Cora.

The breath had been knocked completely out of her, all she could do was watch and fight to regain control over herself as the man pinned down Cora.

"Ready for a rematch?" He asked gloatingly.

Athena heard a familiar, horrible clicking sound and recognised it as Kali's toenails scraping  ground as she sauntered in.

She was also smiling crazily. Their confidence wound Athena up, as soon as she didn't feel as lightheaded she would stand up and take the opportunity to beat Kali senseless.