___

The sun was up now, it was almost like the sun was trying to rid of the remaining snow that layered the ground. I couldn't be more than thankful for the sun's heat, I love winter for sure but I'm starting to hate the bitter chill in the air that nips any bare skin I allow to breathe. Harry was in a thick brown jumper and his signature tight black jeans, whereas I was in a loose purple jumper that managed to slip off one shoulder and black leggings. Harry covered his hair with the same navy beanie Jack bought him for Christmas, and I covered my hair with the hood of my oversized jacket.

The tips of Harry's ear that weren't tucked into the beanie were red and cool to the touch as we stood outside the car in the middle of Manchester, his lips looked darker and his skin was paler. His cheeks were flushed red from the harsh gusts of wind, and his eyes squinted half way to peer through the breeze and the sunshine. We stood at a parking meter, Harry's shaky fingers unzipping his wallet to pull out a pound coin to cover the time we will be parked here. He looked so fragile in this weather condition, I wanted to wrap my arms around him in an attempt to warm him up.

"Okay let's go," he announced, holding his hand out for me to clasp and interlock our fingers. "You look beautiful today by the way," he muttered as we crossed the busy road. Many children cried in annoyance from the cold and some stomped in the mushy snow mixing the crisp white shade with a dirty brown from the bottom of their muddy boots. Many parents were bickering amongst themselves about where to go to allow their children to waste their Christmas money, and here I was being dragged along to somewhere special that I didn't know about by my boyfriend. We looked the most put together out of all the crazy people around us.

"You look adorable yourself," I cooed, wrapping my free arm around Harry's bicep so I was holding his arm as we walked. He smiled down at me, puckering his lips as if blowing me a kiss which immediately made my heart squeeze. "So will you tell me where we're going."

"My grandmother took me here a few times when I was seven, my mum was dealing with the divorce and I wanted to get away but I didn't have friends so she picked me up and took me to this ice cream shop," he explained, his eyes gleaming with happy memories that resurfaced in his mind. I squeezed his hand tighter as we manoeuvred through a large group of teens before stopping at a corner.

The shop walls were painted pink, a sign on the top of the shop read Moonlight. I felt my heart quicken as I stared up at the name, if I didn't get the back story last night I'd have definitely asked about the reoccurring Moon references today. "By the way, it has nothing to do with the name. I genuinely just like the ice cream," he chuckled, pushing open the front door.

The walls were painted a bubblegum pink, against the window behind me was a small row of chairs and a high table. In front of me, beside the other window was a large glass counter. There wasn't just ice cream, to my amazement behind the glass counter of colourful ice creams was a large shelf with numerous sweet treats on them. I doubt they'd be better than Lynn's cakes at the cafe back home, but none the less, they looked rather beautiful to look at and smelt absolutely divine.

A small child was eyeing up the thick slabs of cakes on display, begging his mother only for her to shut him down saying no more sugar. I felt for the poor boy, he was close to tears. I could feel Harry's green eyes burning holes into the side of my face from his intense gaze, he was watching me intently as I watched the small child in fascination. I always found children fascinating, how easy it is for them to pick up small habits they've observed from others. Words they've learned without knowing the meanings, the things that make them laugh... Children are a blessing to this earth. I'm sure Harry feels the same way, I mean his job is based around small children.

"Do you wants kids when you're older?" He asked, I looked up at him, our hands still locked together between us.

"Yeah, you?" I know we aren't referring to having kids together, but the idea of having children with Harry definitely hasn't gone unnoticed. The thought has one hundred percent crossed my mind in a simple moment of boredom.