The Dam

Morning came and I was already preparing myself for today's task.

Going to the humans.

I was relieved that Ryker and father decided to join Caesar and a few scouts while Livius and mother head back to check on things back at their home.

I saw Blue Eyes steadying his horse and I walked up to him and touched his shoulder.

"Blue Eyes, what troubles you?" He looked at me then signed "I do not trust humans" I saw something seep into his eyes and a cold chill ran up my spine.

It was the face of Koba I saw in Blue Eyes.

I frowned and proceeded to Mount on my horse when I felt a tug on my leg. I looked down and saw Cornelius reaching his hands out to me.

I really wanted him to stay behind to avoid getting injured should a fight would ensure but I guess...

Blue Eyes jumped in shock as I carefully placed Cornelius on his arms. Cornelius latched onto his older brother like a leech, not wanting to let go.

It's about time those two would bond.

I mounted on my horse with a smug look. Ryker rode up to me "what's with the look? It's creeping me out" I shook my head and patted his head.

Caesar and father appeared and mounted on their steeds and we were off.

***

I picked up a good place to watch the humans.

I sat on the tree branch with my eyes scanning the humans that started to come out of their makeshift nests.

They haven't changed much.

I gripped the bark when old memories of them attacking my peaceful home and took me away from my family to be treated like an animal there.

A dirty savage.

I shook those horrid memories away as I watched them start to bring in some tools and start to head towards the dam.

I followed them and nearly laughed my head off when I saw one of them trip before regaining his balance. Some humans really do lack balance.

I watched them disappear under the dam and I waited until I swung myself over to them. I noticed Caesar and Blue Eyes staring at each other as if they had come into a disagreement before Caesar turned away.

I landed next to Blue Eyes who was carrying Cornelius. The baby chimp squealed and latched himself on me, clearly not interested to be with his older brother.

I saw a frown on his face as he watched the dam. I placed Cornelius on my shoulder and signed "Blue Eyes what is wrong now?" He turned to me and signed "humans will keep coming and coming" I blinked, I looked at Caesar who had a passive expression on his face.

"Why so?"

"Humans don't think they can control apes now"