"Neither did you!" She replied, she sounded utterly disgusted by me, was this her way of making me feel guilty? Because it was certainly working. I sighed once again, I'd soon deflate if I wasn't careful. "See, you can't even reply because you know it's true and now you're doubting yourself." She continued. I stared suspiciously at her, could she read minds? "Don't you think you should give her more sympathy and companionship, she did lose her family, you were the only person she had. And you let her down. I hope you understand that."

"I do, of course I do."

"Then why are you always knocking her down?"

"I don't know what she has and hasn't told you but lately she hasn't seemed herself."

"How so?" She questioned, perching on the end of the bed, a bunch of toiletries cradled in her arms, she seemed genuinely intriguied.

"For a start this morning she was waiting in someone else's hedge."

"So?"

"She claimed the girl inside the house near the hedge was her sister, but that's not possible." I trailed off.

"You don't know her sister."

"But I know what happened, I was on that aircraft too. We were the only survivors."

"That you know of."

"We would have been told if there were other survivors." I shot back. "Especially if it was her sister."

"Did you ever try to talk to Scarlett about it? Or were you quick to jump in there with the accusations and shouting?"

"what else was I supposed to do? That woman was going to call that police!" I replied defending myself.

"You could have supported your girlfriend, heard her out. Maybe you could have gotten to the bottom of this mystery but now you'll never know because she's gone and I wouldn't count your chickens, I doubt she'll be back."

"Are you done yet?" I grumbled, not wanting to listen anymore because everything she said was right.

"Don't worry, we'll both be out your life very soon." She replied, glaring at me. She really doesn't hold back. She picked up the remaining items which belonged to Scarlett and shoved them in the suitcase before slamming it shut.

"You need help with that?" I offered as I watched her struggle to heave the suitcase out the room.

"No I got it, but thanks away. It was nice knowing you while it lasted. Have a nice life Louis Tomlinson." She called out as she made her way out of the house. The use of my full name made her statement sound even more harsh, I had to bite my tongue in fear of saying something spiteful, but I don't blame her right now, she was sticking up for her friend. I breathed a sigh of relief when the front door slammed shut, maybe this really was the end.

"Bye." I whispered to myself, leaning against a wall in the empty hallway.

"What was that all about?" Liam appeared again, a Capri sun gripped tightly in his hand.

"She was just picking up Scarlett's stuff." I sighed.

"That all?"

"She said a few things..." I vaguely replied.

"What did she say?" He replied, leading us into the living room which was currently empty. He switched the TV onto mute as I sat down, my head buried deep within my hands. "Are you gonna tell me what she said?"

"She was just saying stuff to make me feel bad." I tried to compromise.

"Did it work?"

"Unfortunately." I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose, why couldn't life just be simple? No lies, no secrets just a simple flowing adventure. There always has to be some sort of hurdle in the way.

"What exactly did she say?"

"Basically how I should have been more considerate, heard her out and stuff."

"Maybe she's right."

"Liam!" I shouted, throwing a cushion in his direction, hitting him square in the face.

"What?"

"You're supposed to help me, you're the sensible one. You're supposed to be on my side."

"I'm not on anyone's side, you're both my friends."

"Not anymore, she doesn't want anything to do with us and you didn't exactly treat her like a friend, you singled her, refused to speak to her."

"I think we were all just in shock after watching what she did to Taylor." I groaned again, much louder this time, slapping my hands up against my face. "What?" He mused, his Capri sun carton making an ear curdling noise.

"Maria mentioned that too, we didn't see what happened did we?"

"Well no but-"

"She insists Scarlett isn't a violent person."

"But she didn't see it." Liam argued back.

"But neither did we." I could see Liam thinking about what happened, the thoughts were rattling in his brain, he pulled a rather humorous thinking face but I wasn't in the mood to laugh. "But that still doesn't make up for this morning or the other day in the woods."

"You're so adamant it's not her sister."

"Because it's not!" I replied, raising my voice. How many more times am I going to have to explain it's impossible for it to be. I was on that plane, we were the only survivors, there was nothing left of the plane at all.

"Only Scarlett can be the judge of that."

"What would you have done in my position? Let her scream at some random woman?"

"I'm not saying I would have done that differently but you didn't give her a chance to explain herself."

"What is there to explain? She's losing it."

"Or you're losing it with her." He brutally stated. "Or should I say lost it."

"Liam, you're not being very helpful right now." I complained, getting extremely annoyed at him, why can't someone else tell me something I want to hear.

"At least she did the hard part for you, now you don't have to worry about breaking her heart."

"I think I already did that." I muttered to myself, staring aimlessly at the patterned rug strategically placed on the floor, underneath the coffee table.

"It's up to you what happens next." He spoke before getting up out of his seat, clearly this conversation was over.

"What am I supposed to do?" I scoffed, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"It depends how you feel about her."

"I love her, or so I thought." I pondered.

"If you really loved her you would have been out that door chasing her."