Chapter 26.

"I am not doing that." I scoffed, folding my across my chest in protest.

"Oh c'mon it'll be a laugh."

"Why don't you do it then?" I asked Maria, raising my eyebrows up at her.

"Because I don't have any fans who want to see me being super cool." She joked sarcastically.

"If I do it will you buy me a Starbucks?"

"Fine-"

"At Times Square." I smirked trying to settle a deal.

"Do you know how busy it'll be in the middle of the evening?"

"Fine, no photo then."

"Okay, okay, just hurry up before the boat leaves without us."

"This better work because my ice-cream is melting."

"Just move to the left a bit."

"Really?" I sighed, rolling my eyes at her.

"Okay now hold your arm up."

"There?"

"Higher!" She commanded.

"I'm not trying to wave down a plane."

"Higher." She repeated ignoring me. "Okay, perfect. Now smile."

"She's not smiling." I responded, scrunching my face up to look at the statue of Liberty directly behind me.

"She's also not holding an ice-cream. Just smile." Maria chuckled.

"Happy?" I grinned, posing for the camera in the exact same stance as the actual statue.

"Perfect."

"Finally, can we go back now?"

"Yes, alright. Just sit near the edge of the boat in case you get sea sick again."

"I can't help it." I defended. "And I'm dying for a coffee and a nap, I'm so tired."

"Scarlett, it's only 6 and this is the city that never sleeps."

"And I'm Scarlett, the girl that always sleeps." I joked earning a small laugh to escape Maria's lips. "How can you just sleep all day?" She was shaking her head at the thought of someone lying in bed all day, being extremely lazy and making nothing of their life.

"I don't do it very often now." I admitted. I was carefully watching my feet as we set foot back on the ferry boat to take us back to the mainland. I don't do well on boats, the whole rocking sensation doesn't agree with my body, especially my stomach. "I sometimes like to play music and lie down for hours, it's really relaxing."

"Hunny, you're on the ladder to being famous, there's no time to relax."

"Can't wait." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing." I replied, flashing a small smile before we sat in our seats. I held onto my stomach as the boat started up, already causing it to rock. I began to think what Maria had said, the ladder to being famous. I had never thought of becoming famous and all the things that are dragged along with it. There are some perks; fancy parties, award shows and massive festivals but there are also downsides; no privacy, no relaxation, everyone seems to know everything about you and you don't get a lot of choice in what you do, management deals with that for you. The sun was beginning to set as I looked up from the boat floor to the sun fading in the distance. There were small sun beams seeping through the gaps in between the skyscrapers, it all looked very surreal.

"How you feeling?" Maria's voice knocked me out of my trance.

"Uh? Oh, I'm okay, does this thing have to rock so much?"