Chapter 10.

Scarlett's POV

"I HATE BEING A GIRL!" I shouted at the top of my lungs whilst flopped out on my bed, clothes strung all around the room, the only clothing article actually on me was a towel.

"Mother nature calls?" Taylor asked appearing in my room.

"Worse." I whined.

"Boys?" I simply nodded in response. "What's up?" She asked in her rare upbeat tone.

"I don't know what to wear." I groaned into my pillow.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know." I sighed rolling over.

"Who are you going with?"

"No-one special." I murmured.

"Scarlett." She questioned, raising her eyebrows at me.

"A friend, just a friend." I concluded.

"So you're going out with a friend, just a friend." She rephrased. "But you don't know where you're going?" I shook my head at her. "So it's a date." She grinned.

"No, it's really not." I replied closing my eyes.

"Oh c'mon it has to be a date, is it Josh?" She giggled.

"No." I stated.

"Fine be like that, I'm off to the shop, you want anything?" She replied in a dull tone.

"An invisibility cloak?"

"Just get ready!" She shouted before she slammed the door. I couldn't tell whether she was in a good mood or a bad mood, she confused the heck out of me.

After contemplating on running outside stark naked so I could get arrested and avoid going out tonight I decided that wasn't the best idea I had ever come up with it. I grasped my towel around my completely dry body and pulled myself up off the bed. I kicked a few clothes with my feet, I didn't have anything nice or fancy to wear, I was pretty annoyed with Louis, he could have had at least had the decency to tell me where we were going. What if we went to some fancy restaurant and I turned up in jeans and a baseball cap? I groaned even more and stormed out of my room. I sauntered down the hallway when something caught my eye in Taylor's room. I peered around the house, she still wasn't home. I felt like some sort of ninja or something. I pushed the door open gently, cringing at the squeakiness of the hinges. I took in the surroundings of her room, I hadn't been in very often so it always look different. I shuffled my feet towards the bed where something had originality caught my eye.

'For one night, and one night only I'm lending you this dress, nothing too fancy just right for your date ;)' She signed the note which lay on top of the silky red material. I'd seen her wear the dress many times and it was stunning, but I never pictured myself wearing it. I wasn't overly keen on wearing dresses, I had horrible daydreams of the dress blowing up in public, it made me cringe just thinking about it. The time on the wall caught my eye, I only had 17 minutes to be precise before Louis was supposedly supposed to be taking me out. I grab the dressed and scooted back to my room. I quickly ran the straighteners over my hair, for once I was having straight hair, this was a rare occasion and something in my gut instinct told me I should make an effort tonight. I put a minimal layer of make-up on and slipped into the dress. As much as I wanted to resist I couldn't help twirling around in front of the mirror, watching the flares of the dress lift up. I smiled at myself, I sort of resembled a girl tonight.

"I see you found the dress." Taylor announced, grinning at me.

"Bloody hell, don't do that." I raised my voice, my hand was placed over my heart as I could feel it thudding hard against my ribcage.