Chapter 31.

Scarlett's POV

"WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"For a walk." I vaguely replied. I was too busy concentrating on all the faces in the room staring directly at me.

"You should have called!" Maria was losing it with me, I don't blame her but sometimes I need time by myself, I don't want to be on a leash all the time. I'm really not the idol person you'd want to work with.

"Sorry." I mumbled, still avoiding looking at her. Her eyes were probably tearing me apart limb by limb.

"You were gone eight hours, no contact at all and all you can say is sorry?!"

"Sorry, what else do you want me to say?" I grumbled, pushing past her and the on looking stares. Everyone was gathered in the venue, setting it up for tomorrow night; last day of tour. I didn't necessarily want tour to be over, I love performing but I was getting tired and cranky, it was probably a good thing it was coming to a close.

"You should pay more respect to the one who looks after you." Taylor snarled into my ear as I walked past her and the boys. I don't know why they were there, they're not involved in tour, I guess they're just exploring or something.

"Is that what your mum says to you?" I smirked at her.

"At least I have a mum." She growled. I was one step away from slapping the daylights out of her until someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"Ignore her."

"Oh now you stick up for me." I turned to face Louis who had a tight grip around my arm.

"Are we fighting?" His voice sounded concerned but tired, not physically tired but tired of everything going on, tired of me?

"I don't know, are we?" I mused, raising an eyebrow up at him.

"We're going for a walk." He demanded rather than asked.

"Are you sure I'm allowed?"

"Your mouth is going to get you in trouble soon."

"I'm always in trouble, what's the difference?" I sighed, following him towards the exit.

"We'll be back in an hour." Louis shouted out as we left. Most likely directing it towards Maria so she didn't have another panic attack.

"Won't you get spotted by fans or the paparazzi?" I tilted my head to look at him, he looked like he was concentrating on something in the distance, however in the distance all I could see was tall buildings, nothing that would spark major thinking.

"It can't remain a secret for ever." He replied without any thought, or so it seemed, in his answer.

"Wait, what? I thought you didn't want the public to know." My eyes were searching his face for any sort of explanation.

"They'd fine out sooner or later." I was getting slightly worried about his whole attitude, my whole body was tensed until he laced his fingers with mine and smile down at me. "I don't like having to hide my love for you." He added before pecking my lips. I didn't really know what to say back, I could feel all the heat in my body rush to my cheeks which caused me to turn away, I most likely don't make a very attractive tomato. "Red looks good on ya darlin'." His English accent was shining through.

"It really doesn't." I chuckled. We began to walk down a bustling street in New York, at first I didn't think anyone would notice us but occasionally someone would stop and stare. They probably thought they were seeing things, I mean how often does Louis Tomlinson just casually walk down the street? Probably not very often. "So where are we going?" I asked, ending the brief silence.