Chapter 15.

Scarlett's POV

Running away from your problems will only make them worse. The words circled around my mind but my feet were adamant to stop and continued to carry my body along the poorly tarmacked surface. I flipped the hood up on my hoodie and hugged it closer to my body, it was almost summer but the night breeze sent wild chills up my spine. There were still tears forming in my eyes and streaming down my face but I made no attempt to stop them. My breathing rapidly increased as the sound of footsteps behind me became louder. I didn't stop to look at the culprit of the heavy treading on the ground, my blurry vision remained focused on the tour bus which seemed to distance its self from me the closer I got. I was literally choking on my own breath and tears by the time my hands were gripped around the handle of the door. I wanted to stop and take a rest, my heart was thumping so intensely I could feel the vibrations against my ribcage. I squeezed my eyes shut as I pulled as hard as I could down on the handle but my eyes suddenly whipped open when the handle didn't budge, not even a single slither. I started to ferociously pull at the handle, I was determined to make it move, I didn't care if it broke or snapped off, I was getting inside the bus one way or another.

"OPEN!" I shouted to myself as I the handle still wouldn't budge. "Open." I cried out sounding beaten. "Please." I croaked feeling worn out and exhausted. A fresh stream of tears shielded my face as I kicked the door in defeat, why did life hate me so much? My head sub-consciously leaned against the locked door as my breath began to slow down, eventually coming to a somewhat normal pace.

"Scarlett." A sincere voice of Louis rang in my ears, his hand rested on my back as I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, I didn't want anyones sympathy, I didn't want anyone to see me in such a broken state, if I can't see them then they can't see me. It was only a matter of time before he caught up, no matter how much I wanted to believe I would be left alone it was adamant that wasn't going to happen.

"I want to be alone." I whimpered, sucking in a breath as a lump got caught in my throat, making my voice barely audible.

"Scarlett, I need to know something." He responded, disregarding my request. I shook my head at him, I wasn't willing to talk, there was nothing I could say or do to turn a situation like this around. "Please." He begged in the most genuine voice I had ever heard. My head stopped still as my left eye opened to peer at him, a small yet clear signal to show I was listening. "Did you mean what you said in there?" He asked, his pleading voice made me want to scream out yes, but instead as normal when I spoke to him, I persisted my silence. I didn't feel good enough for him, my past was a mess, there was more to me than a nerd, gamer girl. I'm not always sarcastic and cocky, there is a part of me deep down inside that remains there to haunt me, to remind me I'm not always strong. I didn't like to show my weak side but when there is someone tearing you apart, strip by strip, limb by limp, heart string after heart string it was impossible to be someone who I wasn't. I couldn't hide my feelings from Louis forever, he knew how I felt, I knew how I felt and even if he didn't like me in that way, he had to hear it from me just to get it over with. My mouth parted slightly, ready to respond, the air in my mouth flowed to my lungs, my vocal chords prepared themselves as the strain on them increased from the crying. I clasped my eyes together ready for the worse, but they shot open as soon as the bus made a clicking noise. For a second it felt like my life was moving in slow motion. I pressed slowly down on the handle, this time it moved, further and further down until the door clicked, signalling it was open. The slow motion sequence was over as soon as I scrambled onto the bus and rampaged down the aisle.

"Scarlett!" Louis called out to me, struggling to keep up with my fast paced dashing. My suitcase was stuffed under the table in the back lounge, I quickly snatched it from underneath and flung it onto Niall's bunk, I didn't care if I messed up his neatly made bed, which he clearly didn't do himself, I was getting out of here and I was getting out here now. "SCARLETT!" Louis began to shout as I shoved my belongings into my suitcase. "Scarlett, listen to me!" He pleaded, trying to get in my way but I weaved around him and threw clothes in messy piles inside the large black case. I continued to ignore him as my suitcase rapidly filled up.