Chapter Twelve

“Geez, Wayne, you have more clothes than I do!” I yell setting the last of Wayne’s clothes on his bed. I could hear him laugh from his kitchen. All his furniture came, and now we are moving him in.

“I have to go through all of my clothes and throw out old stuff,” He says walking into his room. I nod.

“What do you want to do?” I ask after I sit on his bed.

“I don’t know… Food?” He asks. I nod and we race to the front door. We get in my car and drive.

“Where exactly are we going to get food?” I ask laughing.

“Uh… I don’t know! I haven’t lived in California my whole life, you have. So you pick,” Wayne says. I shake my head.

“Okay, one, we’re going to fucking Subway, and two, I haven’t lived in California my whole life,” I say and slip on my sun glasses since it’s really sunny today.

“You haven’t?” He asks. I shake my head.

“Nope. I was born in Michigan, then when I was thirteen, my family and I moved to California.” I smile then frown remembering why we moved.

“Why’d you move?” Wayne asks.

“Because after my mom died,  Dad couldn’t take even coming home. So we moved.”

“What is Michigan like?”

“Nice I guess. It’s gets really hot in the summer. But no where near California temps. There were six month winters. And it got to negative mid twenties a lot. Fall was beautiful. With the fall colors. And spring was just getting rid of snow. Sometimes, you’d skip spring and go from winter straight to summer.”

“Wow. Sounds decent.”

“Eh. Maybe I can take you there sometime.”

“Okay.”

After eating our food, at the beach. We decided to go to the mall. And after about an hour of that we take a break and sit on a bench.

“I’m tired,” I complain. Wayne laughs and puts his arm around me.

“Well, I just want to hit up Urban then we can go,” He says. I nod and we stand up, Wayne’s arm still around my waist. We walk to Urban Outfitters and shop. I only got a few things and Wayne got a lot. We walk out of the store and I grab Wayne’s hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. He smiles and we walk out of the mall and to my car. We get on the main road and I turn on the radio, blasting some Sleeping With Sirens. After the first song ends, Wayne turns down the volume.

“I have something to tell you..."

“Okay.”

“I have a girlfriend.”

~~~~~~~~~

Oh! I got you all so good. Haha not really but kinda. Sorry for the short chapter. So anyways, there was no update of this last weekend, my family was busy, I was busy and really tired. And this is late busy my knees and back have been killing me. But that’s getting fixed tomorrow. Finally.

Anyways the song for this chapter is going to be “Disconnected” by 5 Seconds Of Summer. For a few reasons. One, because I love this song. Two, I love this band so much I cry about them. And I never cry over a band. And that’s all. Haha, it’s just a good fucking song. So give it a listen.

Vote, Comment, Fan

~~Bethany Grace~~