Road to Gondor

Nija's POV
I heard a scream coming from the room where the fellowship slept. I shifted into wolf form and bounded through the door with Aragon and Legolas beside me.

Pippen was on the ground with ten planatia seemingly glued into his hands. Aragon stepped forward wrestling the ball from the hobbit before collapsing with it. I growled and leapt over to him shifting mid-air. Knocking the ball from him it rolled across the floor were Gandalf threw a sheet over it.

I place Aragon's head in my lap as he breathed hard, his face cover in sweat. Pippin was in a worse condition, frozen on the floor. Terrified.

Gandalf stared asking him questions but my attention was on Aragon. I could feel his strength had left him leaving him hardly able to move. I remembers Gandalf staring something about Arathons bond between us. Grabbing his hand in mine I imagined by strength flowing into his, in the same way I imagined myself as a wolf every time I shifted.

The effect was immediate, I felt like I'd hair opened a damm in a river and all my energy was being poured out into Aragon.

My brother eyes widened in amazement as the colour returned to him. The problem was I was giving him far too much energy. His wounds from the battle had healed leaving no scars and he was as rejuvenate as he could be and still my energy poured into him. Fear began to set in and I knew it showed in my eyes as Aragon ripped his hand from my grip. Catching me as I fell backwards into him.

"What did you tell him about Frodo and the ring" Gandalf yelled at Pippin. I felt the ground move and I was lifted up into Aragon's arms, bridle style. My vision was blurred and everything sounded like it was underwater.

"What happen" Legolas's concerned voice cut through the murmurs. I vaguely heard Aragon telling Gandalf about the transaction if energy.

Gandalf' face swan towards me. He placed a hand over my Face and I felt my mind being tugged into blackness.

Aragon's POV
I set Nija down on a bed but kept her head in my lap as everyone talked. "What are we to do?" Legolas asked but I didn't miss the constant glances he sent at Nija. If I had not suspected his feeling before the loos he was giving her now we're proud enough.

"Their is nothing we can do till morning. One we need Theodan to know and two we need Nija conscious, for Saurons plans envolve her deeply" Gandalf explained calmly. His grey eyes looking sadly at Nija. I wondered if he knew something about her fate that he would not tell us.

"So we sleep" Gimli asked surprised and a little disgruntled. "Yes master Dwarf we sleep till dawn then I must consult with you all and Theodan". The wizard swept out the room with ten dwarf following. Legolas's paused looking almost longingly at Nija but also turned to leave.

I leant back against the wall and settled Nija between my legs. I wasn't going to let her go. Not again. This time I would be there for her and nothing was going to separate us again.

Nija's POV
I had woken in Aragon's arms as Legolas had come to wake us. We were now standing in front of Theodan. "There was no lie in pippin's eyes. He told Sauria nothing of Frodo and the ring. A fool but an honest fool" Gandalf was telling us.

"Gondor must be warned" Aragon cut in, "And they will be" assured Gandalf but Theodan stepped forward.
"Where was Gondor when we need them most? Why should we ride to aid those who did not rise to aid us?" Theodan asked simply before turning away.

Anger filled me. Was he so blind that her thought of nothing but himself and Rohan? Did he not see the bigger picture?

"Nija" Gandalf called as he made is way down to the Stables where shadowfax was housed. "Gondor must me warned if the approaching threat" Gandalf told Aragon. Gimli stumbles behind not able to keep up on his short legs. "And I won't be going alone" he sighed looking at Pippin.

I ignored Merry and Pippin's argument behind me as we entered the stables. "Nija come we must make for the white city with all haste" Gandalf ordered. I nodded, strapping my bow to my back and my curved sword to my waist. Only to be stopped by Aragon.

"She's not coming with you. I'm not letting her out of my sight" he told the wizard calmly. "Stop being an over protective big brother. I can look after myself and I'll be with Gandalf" I scolded him. Aragon turned to look at me. "If the steward finds out who you are he'll kill you. And I've only just got you back after seven odd decades I'm not letting you go that easy. Sauron wants you for something" Gandalf mounted shadowfax pulling pippin up with him.
"Exactly the reason we should be with me. She'll be better protected from him." Gandalf sighed looking sternly at Aragon.

Legolas joined in on the debate, "How is she better protected? She'll be closer to him. I agree with Aragon she should stay with us when we ride for Gondor when they call for aid" he reasoned.

"She is still the white wolf and with a war happing on Gondor's doorstep she's expected to be there. The city will need the white wolf even if it's just to increase their moral morale. It is quite incredible what a living legend can do to people's moral" Gandalf yelled from atop Shadowfax. I gritted my teeth at how they were all taking about me as if I wasn't there.

"Ok say she does go what if the Steward had her killed as she is the heir to the throne with Aragon" Legolas cried. Gandalf hesitate before looking at me, "It's your choice my dear. I can not waste anymore time, the seconds we waste here are more lives being lost" he kicked shadowfax and the stallion took off out onto the plains of Rohan.

"Don't even think about it" Aragon said pulling me to face him. He stared down at me his eye meeting me emerald green. I hug him tightly.

"Forgive me" I whisper

Before he can finish his cry of protest and before Legolas can grab me I shift into my wolf form. Bounding after Gandalf.

I catch up to them easily, pippin looks surprise but Gandalf smiles at me. "I knew you would chose others over your own life. It's going to get you killed day" I bark at him rolling my eyes as plunge into a river. I wasn't sure if he just complimented me or scolded me but I decided I was going to take it as a compliment.

=========================
A/N what do you guys think of this chapter?

I will be doing daily updates till the end of this book. We're coming towards the last few chapter and I wanted to know do you guys want a prequel of Nija, Bilbo and the Dwarfs of Erabor?

Thank you agin for all the support through this book.

Tess