The kiss

Legolas's POV
We approached the tower in the crater on isengard. Around us the ent's had completely destroyed the walls and buildings (apart from saurmans tower) as well as the damm which had flooded the whole place.

Saruman looked down on us from above. I was having trouble processing the words Gandalf and Saurman threw at each other as my attention was on Aragon and Nija. Nija sat in front of Aragon on Arod. She was leaning back into his chest and his arms were wrapped around her small waist. Their embrace made my heartache, they were perfect heirs of Gondor. In a fight they were terrifying and seemingly invincible but around each other they displayed a softness that I saw in neither of them anywhere else.

Although a part of me wished it was my arms around her. I won't lie it hurt slightly having her choose to ride with Aragon rather than me but at lest she had decided against riding with Eomer.

Nija's long black locks framed her pale face perfectly, the sunlight reflecting off the water made her bright green eyes glow.

"Oh but wouldn't you like to know what Saron has planned for the white wolf" my head jerked up and I drew an arrow. Grimier was hunched next Saurman trying to make himself as small as possible. I kept my bow steady aimed for the wizards heart.

"He has plans for her like you could never imagine..." he was cut off by Grimier stabbing him in the back like the snake his is. I release my arrows at the same time as someone else. Both arrows shot Grimier in the chest as Saurman landed on one i the spikes of a wheel.

I turned to see Nija had pulled her crossbow from her saddle. She was still laid back in Aragon's chest and her stance was relaxed and unconcerned, nothing of her thoughts showed in her eyes. I didn't notice Pippin slip down and pick something up out the water. "I guess we'll never know" Nija told Saumans dead body coldly.

Gandalf pulled something away from pippen. It was a purple crystal ball. "A planatia" (A/N sorry no idea on the spellings)

Nija's POV
I was sat next to Aragon. Theodan was toasting the fallen from the battle. I felt two sets of eyes on me, flicking my eyes to either side of me I saw Eomer and Legolas both looking at me. This confused me slightly Legolas not so much as I could understand he thought I was dead and he had lost his best friend but Eomer I could not work out.

Earlier he had shown me the battlements of Hems Deep (Heavily damaged) and had introduced me to his sister Eowyn. We had liked each other from the first word. We both shared a love for weapons and how woman should be allowed  to fight. She envied me that I was allowed on the field but she had excepted that it was only after 74 years of training and proving myself.

Talking of Eowyn she sidled up to Aragon who had turned to me after the toast to address me and probably about dump a whole load of question on me again. Ever since Eomer had left me with him three hours ago I had, had to tell him my entire life story since I was 14. Which included how I met Gandalf, Legolas, the Dwarfs of Erabor and how I became the white wolf. And he was still asking me questions.

Although I didn't mind it as much as I had thought I would have. It was good to be able to talk to someone in my family again after so many years. I also found out about his life over the past few decades and him becoming a ranger. The only topic we avoided was that we were the heirs to the throne of Gondor and would have to aim them before this war was over.

Aragon talked about Arwen with a softness in his eyes I had never seen before. Of course it had been plain as day in Rivendale although it was nice to hear about his softer side till he started asking about Eomer. I was glad Eowyn chose that moment to appear with a cup of wine.

Sliding away I caught a glimpse of Legolas and Gimli drinking beer in some kind of game. Eomer also sat with a tankard. I decided to stay away as the taste of beer was bitter and I found it rather unpleasant.

Finally I found Merry and Pippen dancing on the table their adventures with treebeard and isengard forgotten in their tankards. They were dancing away on the table singing about Hobbits and the shire. I hardly noticed Gandalf slide up behind me, "Hobbits never cease to amaze me" he chuckled. I turn to him smiling happily,
"I've never seen a hobbit who is not brave and loyal. Bilbo made sure I knew about the loyalty of Hobbits and I've never had reason to doubt his words" I reply watching the two finish their song.

Gandalf was pulled away from me by Aragon and I was picked up by Eomer. He dragged me onto the dance floor. As we stared moving to the fast beat of the music I caught a glimpse of Gimli and long blond hair.

I looked into Eomer's blue eyes. They were so similar to Legolas's and yet so different. In Eomer's eyes I could see the sky but in Legolas's I could see a clear blue river.

Eomer's face was set but gentle as we spun. He picked me up throwing me into the air several times. I laugh and circle my arms around his neck as a much slower more romantic song started. We swayed and turned looking at each other like no one else was in the room. I only just realised how close our faces were when Eomer looked at my lips almost asking for permission. I paused not really knowing what to do. I had closed off my heart to love after Fili, would Eomer just end up the same? Dead? Eomer reminded me of Fili a lot, the same blond hair, sky blue eyes and hard yet soft face.

Before I could make up my mind I felt his lips on mine. To my surprise they were soft and unsure. I'd expected then to be hard and confident with experience but Eomer seemed unsure of what he was doing, I wondered if he had actually ever kissed someone before. The kiss reminded me of mine and Fili's kiss before I left with Legolas to hunt orcs as we were escaping lake town. Both of them were inexperienced and unsure.

I didn't reject Eomer and kissed back, but in the back of my mind it felt like I was kissing the wrong person. A loud crash sounded.

My eyes snapped open to see Eomer's eyes open but dazed. He collapsed onto the floor and tankard rolled away from him obviously thrown with accuracy. Accuracy no human archer or hunter or even solider could hope to produce. My eyes caught river blue eyes. They looked back at me anger and guilt both equally prominent. A few men rush up to Eomer and removed him to a separate room till he woke up.

I stalked towards a certain blond haired elf. Grabbing him by his pointed ear I dragged him outside. "Ow.Hey.Let me go! Nija!" He complained. Gimli steed after is his face frozen between  shock and laughter.

When we were alone I put my hands on my hips glaring at Legolas. "And what dear prince Legolas was that for?" I growl. Legolas looked incredulous, "He was kissing you!" He spat. My eyebrows raised as I looked at my best friend,
"And I was kissing him back".
My comment seemed to throw Legolas off as he glared at me. "Fine I guess I don't mean that much to you then" he growled.

I gasped in surprise, "What are you talking about Geenleaf? You're my best friend. You will always mean something to me" I place my hand on his cheek he looked at me pressing his head into my hand. "You don't need to be an over protective brother figure. I've already got Aragon for that. Eomer isn't a bad person but I promise you will always be my best friend" I pull away smiling at him although I'm still angry at him for knocking Eomer out. I turn away and pass Aragon who is on his way outside probably to talk to Legolas.

Despite the wind through the plains I could have sworn I heard Legolas's voice whisper sadly up at the nights stars, "And that's all I'll ever be"
===========================
A/N don't worry another update is coming tomorrow.

What do you guys think of Nija's and Eomer's kiss and Legolas's reaction? My favourite part of this chapter is the look into Aragon and nija's relationships. What do you guys think of it?

Thanks for reading guys you'd amazing.

Tess