Chapter Eleven

Before we knew it, the battle was over. One remained to stand, looking around at her fallen allies. The girl turned to us, terror in her eyes. She held up her hands and said, "Please, don't hurt me! I'll tell you anything you want, just don't hurt me!" I stalked over to her, the look on my face unconvinced. I sensed my friends walk slowly behind me. I stood in front of the girl, looking down at her. I raised my right hand, causing Kay and Booker to freeze in place. "Why should I believe you? Why should I believe that you won't simply feed me lies?" I growled. The young girl flinched, she seemed terrified. "Becuase... I saw what you just did... If I lie and you come to know it, I doubt I will ever see the light of day again." She stuttered, her eyes filled with a pure and honest terror that you can not fake. "I see. I trust you will tell the truth, seeing as you seem to value your life." I said, in an assertive, yet, questioning tone. The girl briskly nodded. I held up my index finger, pausing the conversation, and turned my head. Kay and Booker were now clearing away civilians, and Kat was speaking to some other police officers.

I turned back to the girl, "Who do you work for?" I asked her. The girl whimpered, "I... we... work for the Sewn..." She stammered. "And they are?" I asked, motioning for her to explain. "They... They are a group. They wish to take what they believe is theirs, the title and glory that has been so carelessly graced upon this world." She said, surprisingly more confident and calm than before. "This is gonna take a really long time if you keep giving me these cryptic responses. So, I'm going to give you a choice. Give me straight forward answers, end this questioning, and be taken to a far more safe location by the police. Or, you can continue to give riddles and codes in response to questions and have to face a police interrogation, which, trust me, is not fun, in the least bit. The choice is yours, my friend." I said, giving her a calm, and yet questioning look. She stayed silent for a few moments, looking over at the police, terrified.