Chapter 11 - Nothing is Sexier Than a Turtleneck Sweater 🐢

Sang

Oh, my! There are new posters everywhere inside the Sergeant Jasper! I need to take a closer look at one of those... North, you naughty man! Oh. It's not North. What does it say? Getting closer, I squint my eyes to read the words written in tiny bold letters. There's a picture of a Native American man, wearing a green t-shirt. I don't understand what he has to do with this, but judging by the color of his t-shirt, I guess the theme of the party is to dress in green or something turtle-ish?

Tonight 

Location: Folly Beach

Let's turtle! 

Okay... I'm curious. I'll just go and find out. Boy, those people here in Charleston are weird. A turtle party. The guy isn't even smiling. He must hang out with Mr. Blackbourne. It's not like I have something better to do. He's also nice to look at. Bad Sang. Bad, bad, Sang! Like I need to fantasize about another man! Do I really need to remind myself I already met ten awesome guys? This place is like a male model agency! 

***

Ah, the beach... I love it. Especially when the day comes to an end and you can see the sun descending towards the water and the moon coming up. Now, where's the turtle party? There are literally three people here. Three! Am I too early? It's a possibility. I have never been good at partying. Apparently, there are rules to these things. At least, it's what Lacy told me. You're supposed to arrive around eleven because if you go earlier, no one will be there. The girls are still doing their makeup, styling their hair and deciding if that dress would look better than that top and those sexy pants. I don't even know if I remember what she told me correctly. Was is eleven or ten? Can't be midnight, can it? Whatever! It's too late. I'm not going back home now that I'm already here. I could swim if I have to wait. I do have my bikini underneath that ugly white turtleneck.

" Oh, my gosh! Would you look at those cute baby turtles! Awwww... So adorable! Why are you here in a cage, babies? " I exclaim the minute I see a cage full of them. There's a bonfire further along the beach and a man is coming closer, looking at me funny. What did I do now? Oh, snap! What if I can't be here? What if this part of the beach is private? But, there's no sign. Nothing. Yep, that's what I'll say when the police comes.

" We're releasing them tonight. I was hoping for more people. I don't understand why the posters didn't work. "

" You're kidding me. "

" What? Do you have a problem with saving sea turtles? " 

Great. Now, he looks affronted. Dude, you can't do half-assed posters and expect people to come. Seriously.

" No problem at all, but your poster said: Tonight, Location: Folly Beach. Let's turtle. Not very informative. No baby turtles on it. Just you in a green t-shirt. 

" I'm going to kill Raven... "

" You know Raven? "

" He's my roommate. My friend. I asked him to make the posters. I even told him what to put on it! " the man exclaims, looking rather upset. Now I understand better. Oh, Raven...

" What's with the turtleneck? "

" Well, again, it said: Let's turtle. What was I suppose to do? I thought it was a weird themed party. Like you were some kind of a ninja turtles fan. It was the turtleneck or a Raphael costume. Didn't have time to find it. "