Chapter 5 - Oh, boy!

Sang

So... I don't know if you remember, but last time we talked, I experienced one of the most... Oh, who am I kidding? It was the most humiliating moment of my life! In case you didn't notice, my brain tends to do weird things when I'm nervous. When I'm attracted to someone too, apparently. If I'm shy, too. Basically, word vomit is my life. You would think that after all these years, I would get better with this or at least would have made peace with the fact that I speak fluent Zombie when I'm in a stressful situation. Nope! It still gets me upset afterward. 

Do you want to know what happened when I told my best friend about the day I met North Taylor? You would think a good friend would feel bad for you. You would expect it, even. That is not what happened, though. I was in the middle of my speech when she started to giggle. That quickly escalated to full on laughing. I'm not talking about a ' ha, ha, ha! I can't believe this happened to you ' moment. Oh, no! I could imagine her rolling on the floor, howling, tears on her face, barely able to breathe between peels of laughter. I was so glad that at least, we were on the phone, but I relived my humiliation all over again, anyway. She even snorted! I was so mad!

" Oh, come on, Sang! " she told me. 

" You have to admit that this shit is hilarious! I don't think that guy will make fun of you when you'll see him again. I mean, he probably thought you were adorable. You're so cute, sometimes that I have to physically contain myself from puking. I'm kidding. I'm kidding! Relax, girl! It will all be okay. Want me to come over and cheer you up? I'm dying to try that big pool your last victim showed me when I visited the apartment for you. "

" Victim! Really, Lacy? Weren't you supposed to cheer me up? "

" Yep! It will start when I'll be inside the building. Not a second before. Sweetness, I had a shitty day yesterday and you just erased every negative thought I had with your story, so please, just let me laugh a little longer, mmmkay? "

That girl, I swear. I can't help but think back to what happened with North and see the funny side of it too. I mean, if it happened to someone in a tv show, I would've laughed so bad! It's not like the guy is going to hate me now, either. He will most probably have forgotten the whole ordeal and little ol' me by now. It's been a day, after all, and I am not that special. 

So, back to the present. I have been waiting in the building's lobby for about 30 minutes and I don't understand why it's taking her so long. Her house is 10 minutes from here. When you walk. I'm not kidding. She almost lives on my toes. That is how close her house is from here. It was her parents' home and where she grew up. Her parents died in a car accident a year ago and she inherited their house. A stupid drunk driver had suddenly moved on the wrong side of the road with his truck. They tried to avoid him but it happened too quickly, I guess, because the truck got them full frontal. The doctor said that they died almost instantly. At least they didn't suffer, but my friend has been devastated and it took a long time for her to be her usual happy self again. Sometimes, I think she tries to make me laugh to make herself feel better. I try my best to show her that she's not alone in this world. She will always have me, just as much as I know that I will always have her. We're our own little family. We have no one else. The people I thought were my family before, are nothing more than strangers now and I hope to never see them again.

Jefferson is behind the counter, coffee in hand and a donut in the other. I'm so glad that he doesn't have a mustache because if he did, he would look like that police chief in my Lego City, Undercover game. Yes, I have a Playstation 4 and very happy with all my Lego games.  I'm not one to play violent games or car races or whatever. I'm terrible at driving anything that requires gas. I can pedal like a champ' but put me in a car and you better tell everybody to move away from the vehicle and the road. I would even recommend removing the whole city, just to be sure. I just can't concentrate on everything I have to do to drive. I mean, you need to watch what's around you. You're responsible for driving this huge thing without hurting anyone around, people who could pop out from nowhere at any moment! I'm a writer, people! I think about what could happen to my characters almost all the time and at the most inopportune times, I swear! You don't want me driving a car. Or a boat. Oh, God! Could you imagine me driving a train?