Chapter 2 - So Cute I Could Puke

Corey

Alright, I need to confess something. Since Kaylie punched me - not that I can't take a punch, especially from a girl - and did not want to leave our apartment until Raven escorted her not so gently outside of the building, I'm looking more closely at our security cameras here at the Sergeant Jasper. Not that she could do us harm. She's Academy. She's  supposed to be trustworthy. Man, I just can't trust that chick. Even if she's Academy. I really want to think that somewhere deep inside, she's a good person but I have not seen the good in her yet. I feel bad about thinking this of a person that we should be able to trust, but it is what it is. You don't assault other members of the Academy. I called Doctor Roberts about the incident and he was not impressed with her. They took her in because she was a good thief and also because she didn't steal people for fun or target people who couldn't defend themselves or people who obviously needed the money. She never took much either. It's just her attitude is so... Ugh!

I don't understand how someone could think this deep about who they could or couldn't steal from and be so selfish in their daily life. How can you go from ' Oh, I can't steal this old lady's purse. She needs her money and she can't defend herself. ' to ' I need to think about my needs first and fuck all of you if I put you into deep shit while we're on a mission. ' ? And really? Hitting me because I want MY sandwich back? How old is she? Twelve? Has she been raised by wolves?

I should really stop getting all worked up because of her. I just hope that Doctor Roberts tells the others at the Academy to take a closer look at Kaylie and see that she doesn't cause problems to other teams. She hasn't found a team yet and I'm starting to understand why. That girl just can't work with other people and she's way too impulsive. So, back to me watching our security cameras. Kaylie is not completely the reason why I'm getting a little obsessed with my team's safety. She just reminded me that we were slacking in that particular department and we recently had some weird things happening in the building and also outside of it. Notes on our apartment doors, directed to all of us or someone specific. They're not clear in their intentions, though. The notes are quite vague and we haven't found out their meaning yet. It's only been a week and I still can't find anything on the cameras about who could've led those notes on our doors. 

So, yesterday, I was looking at all the cameras on the insane amount of screens I have in the Sergeant Jasper's security room. Both my team and the Blackbourne team have bought the building five months ago since the former owner was filing for bankruptcy. We paid him well and I think it helped the guy. He wasn't bad. Money simply burned in his hands. We had a friend helping him with that problem but he still didn't want to keep the Sergeant Jasper and we were kind of happy to be able to do what we wanted with the place. The Blackbourne team moved in recently, except for Gabriel, who's been meticulously making a plan before choosing an apartment. He's been a real tornado, running from one store to the next to find the best furniture and all the rest to make the apartment his own. He also wants at least three bedrooms because he needs one room for his art, one for himself and another for anyone who would need to crash at his place for whatever reason. I'll admit that I'm a little curious to see what he will do to the place when he finally settles on an apartment. He still needs to visit two more because he declared that the lighting was off with the others and that the view was 'fucking awful'. His words, not mine.

I haven't found anything suspicious while watching the cameras yesterday, but I did found something quite interesting. I was eating Chinese takeout and watching the different screens, bored out of my mind when my eyes drifted to a tiny blonde girl, dancing and apparently singing in the laundromat. At first, I just thought that she was cute but I couldn't see her well because she was at a bad angle for the camera. Then, she moved and I was flabbergasted. I remember my heart rate picked up and my face got so close to the screen that I almost bumped my nose on it. She's beautiful. She's energetic and fun and I need to meet her, like yesterday.