Chapter Two

"I had more trouble with Shizuo today," My text to Celty read. It didn't take to long for her to respond. Nothing to do, no jobs right now, eh? "Tell me about it, Izaya. What happened this time?" I take in a relieving gulp of air and began texting back, "Well it started with another day with me, well, obsessing over humans. Shizu-" I pause to hearing a knock at my apartment door. Loud, banging knocks. I slightly look through my curtains to see who was at the door. My heart dropped. It was Shizuo, and I wished I never opened the curtains to look, because before I closed them, he noticed.

I quickly replace what I wrote so far with, "Oh man..." Celty sends me a question mark, and the banging comes again. And again. "Open up, you damned flea! I'm going to get in someway or another, so you might as well give up now!" The knocking gets more violent and I hear the crack of wood snapping. As well as my heart, my mind is racing and the only I can come up with is to hide. Izaya, the closet! No, the bed! Under the counter? I needed to hurry. Man, oh, man. Why of all times did he have to get me now?

And how did he know that I was going to be in my apartment? And the door opens. Or.... breaks. Yeah, thats more acurate. "Ready or not, Izaya-kun, here I come!" I rush to my closet, and I want to punch myself for not cleaning up earlier. I slip on my fluffy jacket and fall to the floor with a giving-away thud. I take in another breath. It was time for me to stand up for mysel once more. In two ways, ha..... Shizuo stomps to me and before he can pick me up and sling me, I get up and dodge his two strong fists.

I was feeling strong, daring, and teasing again, which it felt better to be myself again. "Catch me if you can, Shizu-chan!~" His pupils shirinking was my que to run around the apartment like a monkey. "I told you, my name's Shizuo, dumbass!" I'm such an idiot. I slip and fall on the same jacket. I can see Shizuo almost burst in to tears laughing. He falls on my bed in amusement, and like a moron, I stare. Just so I don't fall again, I snatch up my jacket and slide it on. It was so embarassing. I back up a little bit, hoping that Shizuo wouldn't notice.

But he stops laughing, and shakes his index finger at me, making annoying tsk, tsk sounds. I follow by his movement's meaning and stay in place. Shizuo takes off his glasses. Though the tone of his voice said madness, his eyes screamed so many other emotions, some I couldn't really read. My cell phone lights up. Celty has texted me again. "Grab the phone, Izaya. What does it say?" I was going to do that anyways.... I read it aloud in my mocking female voice."Izaya, are you okay? Did Shizuo get you? Izaya, I'm constantly worried about you....."

Shizuo nods. "Tell her yes. About both..... and tell Celty that your not going to be able to text for awhile." I start to text, but he taps his head and changes his mind. "You know... let me tell her. Give me the phone." I slide my arms away from Shizuo's reach and tell him, "But it's mine!" I can tell he wants to wipe the scowl off my face, but he makes due with a grumble and yells, "And right now, at this time, you are mine!" I drop the cell phone at this. The bartender blushed madly at realising what he had said and how wrong it sounded.

I grin though I was blushing as much as Shizuo. A couple minutes of awkward silence passes and it seems that Shizuo has forgotton about my phone. "Shizu-ch- Shizuo, what do you mean by that?" As if I don't already know the answer. He just keeps his focus on the grey carpeting, as if he didnt hear me. "What-" The blonde puts his index finger on my lips and defencively, I push his hand away. "I heard you, raven....." Raven? He hasen't called me that since high school - before I cut him.

The blonde falls on my shoudler and I can feel him start to heave, and I hear him taking in deep breaths of air. I knew exactly what has happening. The man was crying. Then I stiffen as I realise, he just admited that he wanted me! "Hai, raven. I- I- I-" I try not to laugh at Shizuo's stammering. "You- you- you? Out with it, Shizu~!" His reply is muffled by his teary voice, but I can still make out what he's saying. "I like you, Izaya." I knew that he was going to say that, but I still blush and look away.

I gently push him of my shoulder so he can look at me, my red face, so he knows that what I'm about to say is true. "I like you too, sort 'a, Shizu......" Please let this go farther. My sisters better not come home. I don't want this conversation to end. Not yet. I like were this is going. I can't stop blushing. "You don't understand. I like you..... alot." I go along with it.

"Me too... if you were to ask me out, I would.... so say yes." His eyes widened suddenly at my reply. A smirk began to dance on his face as eyes started to glaze with lust.

"At night I dream of you, Izaya~" He sounded like me. He crawled to me like a tiger hunting for it's unlucky prey.

"Sh- Shizuo?"

"Please, Izaya, call me Shizu-chan~"