Chapter Four

A while of time passes. I peek through the crack in my closet door. Shizuo is still in my apartment, on my bed. His face is buried in his palms, his hair messied, his legs bouncing up and down like a cafinated child. He isn't going to leave anytime soon, I guess aloud. Like I wanted, his raised his head and looks at the closet. The blonde can't see me looking at him, but he's still listening to my self-muttering.

His eyes are in his normal, angered state, but I can see that hes guilty. "How can Shizuo be guilty,?" I ponder the thought, "Hes never sorry for hurting old Izaya-kun..." He furrows his brows and turns. He stands and heads for the door. I stop him with my loud question. "Your not sorry are, Shizu-chan?"

Shizuo stands there, leaning against the doorjam as if his legs were too numb for him to walk. He doesn't say anything except for, "I did that to you, and you still insist on calling me Shizu-Chan?" I shuffle to the other side of my closest so that I can see him clearer. Shizuo steps out of my apartment, and at that instant, I regret telling him no.

And with that, hes gone. "I missed a perfectly good chance to tell him everything! But no, it had to be like 'Oh Shizuo, I love you so much!' and 'I love you so much, Izaya!' I didn't even get to tell him why! We didn't even talk! He just swooped in like a hawk for the kill!" I yell aloud.

Unfortunately for me, my two annoying sisters came in through the door. Damn.... why couldn't have they come sooner....?

"Izaya, are you talking to yourself again?! Are know your psycho, but..." Kururi says in a slur. I sigh and get new clothes on - A slim-fitting blue shirt and jeans. I practically trip getting out of my closet. My sisters scan my body, from my bare feet to my messy black hair.

"Hey, why were you in the closest??!" Kururi whines.

"Yeah, are you homo or something, brother?" Mairu giggled to herself. I groan and shake my head, even though it was partially true. I did have intrest in girls, but all of a sudden words out that I'm in love with Shizuo. As long as the brute blonde doesn't spill the beans on Celty or anybody else, I'll be fine.

"Answer us!" They whine in sinc, Kururi the loudest, "Why is the door broken?! Did Shizu-san break in?" She squeeled almost exactly like a lollita. I shook my head.

"No, I accidentally got vinegar in my eyes and charged through the door," I lie.

"But brother, your not that strong!" Kururi cries, and Mairu follows, "Your a stick! You wouldnt be able to do that! And anyways, if you did, you would be all red and sore..." Oh, I was definatly sore, but not because of running through my apartment door. A shiver travels down my spine as to thinking about what had happened between Shizuo and I less than half an hour ago.

Though childish, my siblings could read my face. They both looked somewhat serious now, and Mairu looked up at me sadly. I had never seen her look quite like this, like how I had never seen Shizuo quite like that.

"Izaya, please. Please tell us everything," She whispered.

"Everything!" Kururi chimed in excitedly. I didn't want to, but it's always nice to tell people what going on in your life, even if that someone is your annoying little lolly sister.

To my surprise, they listened the whole time, even Kururi, who was attempting a Poker Face, but failed horribly. But I couldn't look back at them. I let myself go, and I lost the fight. It was my fault.

Mairu tried to cheer me up, but she ended up making me feel even worse about the entire Shizaya thing. "Maybe it was a joke! Maybe he was just trying to get under your skin. No harm done! At least you were lying about liking him!"

At the time, lying seemed like a good idea. I tried to convince myself, that I actually was lying to Shizuo. That I was just being a troll as usual. The more I told myself that, the more pain washed over me and the more I realized- I really did like him.

My forced the thought off of my mind, and stared at my siblings melancholicly. "We can let Namie know if you would like that," Mairu whispered, obviously trying to help me whilst Kururi bounced up and down anxiously.

That's the last person that I wanted to know, aside from Kida Masomi, My other mortal enemy. "No!" I shouted, and they both flinched.

"Okay, Izaya. Where will you sleep, though? I mean, you can't stay here. The door is beaten down?" Mairu sighed and began pacing. I stopped her by patting her head softly. "I'll see if kind buddy Mikado will let me stay over for the night," I assured her.

The moon seemed to rise as quickly as I scurried to Mikado's house, hopeful not to be seen.

It didn't take long for me to reach my destination, and almost as.soon as I knocked on his door, he opened it, surprised to see me standing there, looking quite desperate. "Hey, Izaya," He choked out, "Can I help you?"

He yawned out his words in a slur. "I'm sorry for waking you, Mikado, but my front door is kind of... broken and I need a place to rest for the night..." I yawned, his tiredness spreading to me.

"Okay. Come in, I guess," He said kindly, though his words were wet with disgust. Mikado held the door opened and yawned again. I stepped inside, and he shut the door. The highschooler's hand pointed to the couch.

"There," He said in a low voice, sounding almost like a territory protective dog growling at a stranger. I thanked him, making sure to make a tiny rude remark on his attitude, and comforted my self on the cushions.

I closed my eyes and drifted into slumber, careful not to think about Shizuo.