Chapter One

I writhed and gasped for air, but the more I struggled to free from his grasp, the tighter he'd squeeze his hands around my skinny neck. Shizuo's smokey breath would blow into my face everytime he breathed out, and each time I caught scent of it, I'd cough painly. His sharp brown gaze may have been hurting me more than his choking. Anger and vex wasnt the only thing I saw in his eyes. There was the want to kill. He wanted to see my blood spill on the some-what "peaceful" streets of Ikebukro.

I barely manage to kick Shizuo where the sun doesnt shine, but from what I can't tell, he's not phased. Atleast not enough to wince even a little bit. Tears begin to well in my eyes, and I had no breath to beg him to stop with. When I thought my end was near, he let go of my neck and drop kicked me to the ground. I smash my nose on the asphault, and blood splatters. But I can't teel if it's broken, the pain is covered by the need for air. Dear God, Help me, please! I gain enough air to live a bit longer, but I gasp it out when Shizuo kicks me below my rib cage.

I wanted to fight, but I had no more energy to do that. If I lost anymore breath, I could die. The only thing I could really do is sort of curl up into a ball and look beggingly at Shizuo's hateful stare. Where are the police?! Shizuo tells me what a worthless, weak maggot I am and curses alot. Some of the words he used I didnt even know existed or could be used as horrible, evil words. Finally I get my air back, and I cry. He was going to kill me for sure! I wanted the pain to end, but I knew that Shizuo was going to make it long and miserable.

Shizuo picks me up by the collar of my torn V-cut shirt so he can see my bruised, bloody face. I can't see one inch of sorry or regret on Shizuo's face. "Shizu-chan! I'm sorry!" I cried, but I was given a punch. If my nose wasnt broken then, it was now, because it felt swollen, and it hurt like hell. "My name is Shizuo, you fucking flea!" Tears streamed down my face, and I tried one more time to stop him from hurting me. I place my shakey hands on his chest and push away. Shizuo is surprised at how gently I touched him, and I ran off -stumbling- as fast as my wounds would let me.