[Eight]

"I'll take the fall." I said looking down.

Jarvis got up and walked towards me.

"Man what the fuck you talking about" he said looking at me.

"I'll take the charge. Y'all got brighter futures than me. Y'all KNOW y'all league bound." I said.

Odell still hadn't said anything. Almost as if he was traumatized by the situation. But he had a straight face, the entire time.

"I'm not letting you take the fall by yo self bro. We all going Pro. We can get out of this." Jarvis trying to convince me.

"Dawg it's okay, go get that money" I said with a grin.

Few Months Later

After I took the charge, LSU took away my scholarship and cut me from the team. Jarvis and Odell were suspended for one game each because of the fight in New Orleans at the bar but that was it.

There season still went great and both went to the NFL.

I had to serve a year and a day because it was self defense but the fact that "I shot him".

Now even til this day I don't know what I was thinking of taking the charge. No one knows the truth. Not even Ariel.

She came up here a few times. The first time was in tears because she couldn't stand seeing me in a jump suit or me in jail period. It broke my heart seeing her like that.

I even told her to leave me. Find someone you deserve. It's not me. But when I told her that she replied

"No, I'm not leaving you. Ima be here when you get out. I miss you" and she put her hand to the glass. And I placed mine right there with it.

Jarvis got Drafted to Miami and came back here to visit me and make sure I was straight. I write him while he doing his thing making sure he stays out of trouble. He told me Odell hasn't said anything about the incident after they got off. He was just out there doing his thing as well never bringing it up.

"Davis, you're leaving." One of the officers said unlocking my door and taking me to get my stuff and then outside.

I walked out the prison and seen Ari and ...Odell?

Ari ran up to me and hugged me with tears in her eyes. I smiled and hugged her back.

I walked towards Odell and he looked at me. With the same look he had in the cell a few months ago.

He rapped me up then hugged me as well.

"I'm sorry bro, I was selfish. I don't even know what to say."

"It's cool O, like I said, y'all was made for the league." I said.

It's not about the league. It's about life and that's time you not getting back and it's all my fault. 

"We still cool Dell, don't think like that..." I said to him.

I wasn't mad at taking the fall on my own. It's more of a "so you not gon say anything" type of thing. Not even thank you. But I can't hold it against him. I guess.

"Ima make it up to you man, come to New York, Ima take care of you and your girl. Help you get on ya feet man."

I laughed. "Odell I'm 20 years old, Ima be okay bro. Trust me. Ima stay in Baton Rouge until I get back on my feet. The season bout to start and you don't need any distractions. If we all gon be in the league together, i got work to do dawg." I said wrapping my arms around Ari.

He smiled at that comment. "You still tryna go pro?" He asked.

"Me ,you ,Jeremy, and Jarvis. We some Young Savages right? "

I smiled as he dapped me up.

"Well I go back to NY tonight so we can chill today. Movies, out to eat or something" Odell said.

"Ite cool, Ima go to Ari apartment and shower and change and all of that.

While I was locked up Ari transferred to LSU and got an apartment close by. Things at her old school won't fitting her.

*At The Apartment*

"He's hurt" Ari said breaking the silence in the room.

"Yea I can see, I don't want him to be doe."

"Nate, you can't just save everyone. You saved him, his career"

I looked at her weirdly. "That's my brother Ari, you know that. Lord knows what I'd do for you" I said throwing on my light blue ripped jeans.

"You can't always be a hero, that's all I'm saying. I missed you. He missed you."

"He shouldn't have pulled the trigger then... look can we not talk about this right now. That's my brother and it's over and done with. Okay?"

"Fine" she said throwing up her hands giving up. Then she came over and kissed me.

"I love you Nate. I don't want you to ever leave me again."  Tears in her eyes now.

"I won't. You held me down. So Ima hold you down. While we both in a come up." I smiled as I kissed her.

"Aite, come on lets go" I said pulling her and heading out the door.