.:: Chapter 19 : Together Again ::.

.:: Your POV ::.

"Carlos? Oh my God, is that you?!" You got up and pushed on the door, heart racing rapidly. "Yeah, what the hell is going on? Is the door jammed?"

"Yes! I've been stuck in here for almost an hour and there's water filling up fast! Please, try and get the door open, I can't get out!" you cried, "I know you hate me, but I'm going to die in here! Please!"

Carlos sighed and quickly tried to unlock the door, groaning when it didn't open, "It's jammed. Back up - I'm going to kick it down."

"I've tried that-"

"Just BACK UP!" he shouted. "Okay-" you stood back, "Go!"

Carlos ran back and rushed the door, getting ready to shove it down. He hit the door with a powerful crash, and the door caved in. The door fell down into the water and Carlos stumbled into the room, falling into the water.

"Oh my God, thank you, are you okay?!" You rushed over to him to help him up. "I'm fine - I'm fine," he sighed, standing up. "Are you okay? How did you even get stuck in here?"

"Long story," you chuckled nervously, "I was in here crying and didn't notice the door shut. I guess I didn't notice I jammed it when I slammed it," you look down, afraid to meet his gaze. "I was so upset that I couldn't get you to believe me, then people started screaming and water started to fill up."

"Well, it's stopped by now. You're lucky," Carlos nodded to the room filled with water, the waterfall nowhere in sight by now. 

"I guess the water from overboard came down here. That must've been frightening to see," he sighed, "Y/n, I'm sorry."

You turned to look at the waterlogged room before turning back to him, "Hmm?"

"I'm sorry. I should've... I should've believed you. I'm an idiot for not, and it almost got you killed," he sighed. "I love you, okay? I was so scared I lost you that I just... didn't want to accept that such a horrible thing had happened to you, I guess. When I got back, Jane said she wanted to go to Cotillion with me and I just decided to try and get over you, since you had Harry. I'm an idiot for doing that."

You frown and hug him tightly, "I forgive you. And I'm sorry, too - I should've been stronger. I love you, too, Carlos. Forever."

He looked down at you and smiled, "So.. are we good now?" You nodded, grinning, "Yes." You kissed his lips, "Thank you for saving me. I love you."

"You're welcome... I love you, too. Now, do you want to be my actual date to Cotillion?" he smiled. You squealed, "Duh!"