.:: Chapter 3 : Mal's Missing ::.

.:: Your POV ::.

Carlos sighed and opened up his computer again. He groaned when he saw the time.

"Hey, Carlos? I'm gonna go get ready for our date," you smiled.
"What? What date?" he shut his laptop and grabbed his Tourney outfit, which confused you.

"The date you promised me before the summer?" You raised a brow.
He took off his shirt and put another one on, "I can't, I have Tourney practice."

You sigh, "You promised."
"I don't remember promising, but I'm sorry. The big game is coming up soon and we need to win." He put his shorts on and checked his mirror to fix his hair. "We can do it later."

You sighed, "Carlos, you say that but it never happens. What makes you think that it'll happen this time?" You frowned.
"I just do, okay? I have to go." he walked over and pecked your lips. "I'll see you after practice." He smiled. "C'mon Dude!"

Dude trot after him, "You should've gone on that date, Pet."
"Dude!" He frowned. "You know I couldn't!" he shut the door and you sighed.

Spot hopped onto the bed and laid beside you. "Carlos can be a jerk." She said, pushing her head under your hand so you'd pet her.

"Hey. I know he can be but he's just.. he doesn't have his priorities straight," you say. "Or you're just being selfish," she scratched behind her ear.

"I guess you're right. That could be it. I don't know, girl," you sighed. "I'm probably gonna get my dress fitted... lets go, baby." Spot got up and ran to the door.

Right as she does, Chad walked in. He froze seeing you, and Spot barked at him.

"Chad? What are you doing here?"
"Uh... I came to use Carlos' 3D printer!" he said, fidgeting with his hands.
"How'd you get in?"
"I printed off a key," he smiled, holding it up.

"Okayyy, how'd you get it and why do you need this one exactly?" You crossed your arms, raising a brow at him.
"I printed off last time I was here." Spot sat down at your feet and tilt her head.

"The boys were sleeping. And it's just.. their's are so much better than mine! And they installed all these hacks-"
"Likely story," Spot muttered.

Chad looked at her in shock.
"Did-? Did she just-"
"Yes, now, out!" you say sternly, pointing to the door.
"But-"
"OUT," you say again.

He sighed and put his hands up in defense. "Fine!" he turns to leave, "Chad?"
He turned around frowning, "What?"
"Leave the key," you say.
He rolled his eyes and put it on the table, and left. You sighed, "Let's go, Spot."

.:: Later ::.

You walked to Evie and Mal's room to get your dress fit correctly for the Cotillion.
Walking up to the door, you heard crying. You moved closer to the door and opened it, and saw Evie crying on the bed.

You gasped and ran over to her, "Evie! What happened?"
"I-It's Mal!" she stuttered. "She- she-" she started to cry again and gave you a crumpled note. You read it,

Evie,
I'm sorry. I don't belong here anymore. I'm going back to the Isle. Don't look for me, and give the ring back to Ben immediately. I'm sorry, I just don't fit in at Auradon. Tell the boys I love them, and I love you Evie.
Forever your best friend,
~Mal

You sighed and hugged Evie tightly.
"She-she didn't even say goodbye!" she wailed.
"Let's go tell Ben, now. It'll be best to get it over with."

She nodded and wiped away her tears, "She took Maleficent, too," she frowned.
"Smart of her," you smiled faintly.
This was something you definitely were not expecting to do today.