The tears shamelessly rolled down my stained cheeks, and my chin wobbled furiously. I hardly ever cried anymore- after all of these years I'd been through so much and crying seemed like such a waste. But now, all I could think of was how much I wanted Niall to hold me.

  I froze when I heard someone leave the bathroom, closing my eyes and pretending I was asleep as Niall walked over to the dresser and grabbed some clothes. I closed my eyes as he got dressed, not wanting to see anything.

  "I love you, Aimee," I heard him whisper, and I dared to open my one eye. He stood over her, kissing her in the same spot on her forehead that I did. Aimee sighed in her sleep. 

  Before Niall turned around, I closed my eyes. I felt him getting closer and wondered if he was going to lie down for a while, hoping that he'd lie down with me. I wanted his arms around me so, so bad.

  I heard the bed creak under his weight and almost smiled when he joined me in bed. His body was close to mine, but not touching just yet. 

  Suddenly, with one swift move, I felt arms wrap around me and lips on my neck. I let a few last tears fall, and then felt him pull away.

  "Ave?" He whispered.

  "I'm s-sorry." I hiccuped. I felt him pull me in and I shook my head. "No, no I screwed up." I pushed him away.

  "Avery." He said firmly. "Listen, I thought about it, and I overreacted. I saw how he held ya, ya were basically trapped. And the Jake thing, that should be your choice."

  I kept my eyes closed, surprised at how quickly he was willing to let this go.

  "Please open your eyes," He left kisses down my neck. "I wanna see those pretty brown eyes." I blushed deeply and opened my eyes, giving him a small smile. He grinned and kissed me full on the lips before pulling me back in his arms.

  "Are you still mad?" I asked, frowning a bit. He shook his head and leaned back on his pillow, closing his eyes.

  "It's a sensitive subject for me." He admitted. "My last girlfriend, Tiffany, cheated on me when I was away from home for five months."

  "I'm sorry," I whispered, feeling rather comfortable in his arms. "But you should know that I'd never do anything like that."

  "I know ya wouldn't." He said. "I trust ya, Avery." I smiled.

  "I trust you, too." I said, my eyes becoming droopy.

  "Oh, by the way, Sam told me they have another lead on the case. Said that they're in California, but they're luring them away from here. Sam doesn't like the idea of them being close, so we're going to Motel 6 in two days." I could practically feel him grinning.

  "I miss Shirley, and that vending machine." I giggled. "Once we get there, we're staying there for a while. Promise me?"

  "I promise ya." He whispered. I could feel his hot breath, we were as close as possible. I could hear Aimee lightly snoring beside us in her bed and it made me smile. "I couldn't stand being mad at ya."

  "Me neither. We lasted, what, a total of five hours?" I laughed. "How dumb are we?"

  "We?" Niall teased, and I pushed his chest. "Just kiddin'."

  "Go to sleep, doofus." 

  When I woke up, the warmth of Niall's body was gone and I was alone. I groggily rubbed my eyes and saw that Aimee wasn't in bed, either, and the sun was already down. Had I really overslept that much?