Chp-7 The dark comes around quicker than you think...

Two days later...

Amaani's P.O.V

I wake up once again for another day. My heart pounds. This is the day, where me and Zacharias leave for his palace in Thiruvananthapuram. I'll be leaving the people I love.

Also Zacharias has been much nicer to me. He honestly scared me the night of our marriage. Like his whole demeanour changed..just like that. At the simple blink of an eye. Luckily he's been lovely and also a little annoying.

I feel a weight on my waist and I turn around seeing Zacharias right up against me with his arm around my waist.

Oh.

Uhm.

Wow.

He did this yesterday as well. I still don't know how to react to it? I'm happy he has accepted me as his wife truly. I've never been held by man, actually ignore that, I've never even had a man this close before.

I hear his breathing and I can't help but move the hair covering his eyes. Wow, his hair is soft! His honey, tan skin complexion works well this his dark black hair. He definitely, and most obviously looks like a prince.

His eyes open revealing his chocolate coloured irises and his quite annoying smirk.

"Hello, my princess. Good morning."

I move back and sit up immediately coughing.

"Yes, good morning indeed, Zacharias."

He continues staring at me quietly and I start to awkwardly fidget around fiddling with the cotton blanket.

"What do you seem to be looking at Prince Zacharias?," I say agitated.

"Well, I'm just thinking about a soft touch on my forehead I think perhaps it was just a dream. Don't you think so princess Amaani?"

He looks at me knowingly, smiling. Ah! Stop it Zacharias!

"Yes I think it was, Prince. I also think we should awaken ourselves properly and get ready to have breakfast."

He gets up and stretches and opens the window letting in a wonderful warm breeze. I yawn and I go into the bathroom and get myself prepared for the day.

I sit on the bed waiting for him to get dressed and go to the bathroom. After a few minutes he comes out and asks, "I can't wait to show you my home, my palace. It's amazing."

I sigh and I fake a smile. I feel his hand on my shoulder, "I know it's hard, but this is life Amaani. Don't worry."

I nod and as I'm getting dressed a loud noise echoes throughout the Kingdom and palace.

Bong!

Bong!

Bong!

I scrunch my eyebrows together, hmm. Why are the church bells ringing today? It's not any Christian occasion is it? Also it's not Sunday?

Soon the bells stop and I realise the whole palace by now is dead silent. The staff wake up at 5 o'clock and now it is currently 8 o'clock. It should be very noisy.