Chp-6 The Awaited Royal Wedding

Four Days Later....

Zacharias's P.O.V

"Are we ready yet? Is this all really necessary?"

I ask annoyed at my mother and the maids around me.

"You have to look handsome dear. Look good for your wedding. Also you are prince you cannot look like a common man."

My marriage! With Amaani... I bet she will look lovely. And that hurt my dear mother, common man?

I snatch the comb off the maid and I comb my hair by myself. I ruffle it slightly making not too cleaned but a little mess but in a royal way. You understand what I mean right?

I get changed into my royal attire which is black and gold. My heart pounds nervously.

Prince Zacharias Abraham is about to have a Queen all of his own, oh wow.

Hmm...my Queen. I like the sound of that. My princess sounds good although I already call her that?

I take my marriage chain and fiddle with it and smile think back to last Sunday, our engagement. In my kingdom we don't have this custom of 'engagement' so I was intrigued when we had it.

She looked beautiful in that sari I chose for her. That deep blue colour along with the gold design..suited her very well!

"Stop daydreaming Zacharias! Get up lets go dear son. The marriage is at 11 o'clock!"

"But it's only 9 o'clock now!"

My mother glares at me making me immediately stand up and walk out of my room.

I realise it's time for breakfast and I walk down to the dining hall where everyone is sitting. Of course the ladies will be eating later, the men will eat first.

I sigh in ecstasy when I taste the dosa and fish curry made by the cooks. Amazing! Such good food here! I love food!

"Son don't fill yourself now, wait until lunch then you'll have the feast set for kings!," my father says chuckling at me.

"Dear Zacharias, how are you feeling?," my about to be father in law asks me.

"I'm feeling good slightly nervous. Mostly good in general."

"That's good to hear."

We eat silently and then walk on to our separate ways.

I look at the large grandfather's clock and see that it is 10:15 in the morning. Oh no! I better meet my father and go with him to the church!

I rush up to my father who smiles at me and pats my back, "Yes, son we are about to go. No need to panic. I was about to send a maid to call you."

I smile and give a slight hug to my father, oh he always knows.

We go to the church in a heavily decorated carriage and I get down and a lot of people are already in the church. Me and my father go around the back entrance of the beautifully built church.

I see my mother and she gives me a kiss on the cheek, "My Prince about to get married! I love you da! You have made me proud so far."