Chp-5 Exquisite Engagement

Welcome...

Welcome all, to the Royal Engagement of Princess Amaani Joseph to Prince Zacharias Abraham.

May you all be blessed to attend...

Amaani's P.O.V

The time is currently 5:30 or 5:00am, looking at the sun right now. I yawn almost falling off my chair.

God knows why us women have to get ready at this time? Well, we have to look beautiful don't we? Of course we do. Otherwise people will judge you so horribly that you'll force yourself to jump off a cliff. Okay that doesn't make India sound good. Whoops.

"Amaani! Sit up and stop daydreaming! The makeup has to be done perfectly, don't blink!"

I sigh. Why are my aunties like this!? Even if they are royal, Indian aunties are all the same.

Closing my eyes, the maid dips her index finger into the kajal powder and run her finger along my bottom lash line and my upper lid forming a flick near the corner of my eyes.

(Kajal- deep black powder/paste basically eyeliner, used before proper eyeliner was invented)

Then another maid pats powder on my brown skin making it look fairer. Because clearly nobody likes a girl with a non-fair skin tone am I right? Ugh, Indian female requirements.

Afterwards, a maid dips her finger in lip paint which is a beautiful deep red colour and puts it on my lips.

"My princess..you look stunning. Do you like it?" The maids ask me.

I look at myself in the dusty, old mirror pane and smile. Wow, I look beautiful.

"Thank you. I love the way I look, it was worth getting up early for this."

One of my aunties speak, "No need to thank these maids Amaani, this is their job. Come now, get ready for your hair to be done."

I frown and some of the maids frown as well walking away. Aww..I discreetly glare at my aunties. They are always like this, rude to people who are working for us, we should be grateful to them.

I move to a different room where I see an old woman about 50 years old with combs and brushes and hair slides. I sit down on the chair and she takes my hair out from the braid.

"My, my what wonderful hair dear. It must be a lot of work to look after such long hair. It reaches up to your waist even in a plait and lower when free."

I smile at her and reply, "Yeah, it is. But the maids help me look after it, so it's fine."

"Would you like it down for the engagement or tied up princess?"

"In a loose plait or something maybe?"

She smiles knowing what I'm talking about and for the next hour does my hair.

"Dear I'm done, what do you think?"

I look at my hair and see my plait hanging down my back with some jewels inserted in various places as well as a beautiful white flower at the side of my head.