Kids!

McQueen:

McQueen:

It had now been 8 years since me and Lightning got married, and now for the last 7 years, we've been going through a very special phase in our relationship: 

Parenthood. 

I walked out onto our back lawn in Radiator Springs to see our son, Jason McQueen, vigorously kicking his football around the yard, and I saw that Lightning had to step in before anything got broken. 

"Careful! You could break something, Jason!" Lightning told him. 

"Okay, okay, dad. Calm down." Jason replied, and I giggled slightly at this. He definitely resembled Lightning. He had almost the same blonde hair and blue eyes as him, but still had tiny aspects that made him look like me. I walked over to his twin sister and our daughter, Layla McQueen, drawing something further down the lawn. She resembled me, as she almost had the same hair and eye colour as me. 

"What are you drawing, sweetie?" I asked her. Layla turned round answered, 

"I'm drawing that big cliff, over there!" She pointed towards the cliff face where Lightning and I often sat together. 

"Well, it looks pretty good so far!" I commented after looking at her drawing. She was only 7 years old and she was actually pretty hood at drawing! 

"Do you think I'll ever be good at sports, dad?" I heard Jason ask Lightning, to which he replied,

"Yeah! You might even go on to be like me." 

"Cool!" And as I watched Lightning and Jason play with the football together, I smiled to myself knowing that I was surrounded by my family. 

Mater:

"Where did you go to today, daddy?" Our daughter, Melanie, asked Mater one afternoon after he'd returned home from his towing job. It had been almost 10 years since we'd gotten married, and we now had a 9-year old daughter. Both Mater and I were okay with only having 1 child, because just 1 was enough to make us both happy. 

"Oh, the usual business. Jus' takin' a drive down the road seein' if there were any folks that needed my help, and I ended up towin' a total of 3 people's cars back here to be fixed." Mater replied. Melanie had his Southern accent, dark brown hair colour and buck teeth, but she had my eyes. 

"Where's the furthest you've ever been?" She also asked as I sat next to Mater in the afternoon sunlight. She came and sat between us. 

"Well, I've actually been to quite a few places before, but I think the furthest I've ever gone from here is Italy." Mater answered. 

"Cool! One day I wanna travel the world like you, daddy!" And we both chuckled at this. I ruffled her hair playfully and smiled as I sat there, with my husband and daughter. 

Finn:

I looked out the window to see our 8-year old daughter, Fiona, making daisy chains in the back garden and styling her periwinkle hair. Sat right next to her was our 6-year old son, James, looking around for any interesting bugs in the garden. I walked out into the back garden and went to help Fiona with her daisy chains and I sat down next to her. 

"When's daddy coming home?" Fiona asked me.

"He's coming soon, he's just finishing something important for work." I answered. Fiona looked up at me, her turquoise eyes being miniature versions of Finn's. I'd finished helping with her daisy chain, and I put it on her head like a tiara. 

"Thanks, mum!' She thanked me and hugged me. 

"I've found something!" I also heard James exclaim in happiness. 

"What've you found?" I asked him. 

"Look! Over there!" He pointed, and me and Fiona looked in the direction he was pointing to see a big hairy black caterpillar on a leaf, just a few feet in front of us. 

"Nice!" I commented. "Not bad, James." 

"I'm back!" I heard a familiar voice yell from behind us, and I turned round to see Finn standing there. He'd obviously returned home from work. 

"Daddy!" Fiona yelled, and they both ran towards him a d hugged him while I planted a kiss on his cheek. 

"Good day at the office?" I asked.

"Yep. Succeeded in today's mission." Finn replied.

"Tell us about it, daddy! Please!" Fiona begged, and they both stared up at him with wide eyes. Finn chuckled and sat down next to me as he proceeded to tell them all about his adventure that day. And I felt immensely happy, because I was in the company of my family. 

Siddeley:

"Hey, Sarah, what's wrong?" Sid asked our 10-year old daughter, Sarah, one day after she came home from school one day with her twin brother and our son, Peter, because she looked kinda miserable. Sid knelt down in front of her as he asked this while Peter gave me his schoolbag, which I helped him put away. 

"Some of the other kids at school made fun of me for my eye colour." Sarah replied, because she had my hair colour, but she also had Sid's eyes, which were black. Peter had Sid's hairstyle and looked a lot like him, but he had my eyes. 

"Sweetie, they only ever do it because it's just a little bit different to them, but it's nothing to be ashamed of!" Sid answered her. 

"Exactly! Just ignore them, because, of anything, your black eyes make you unique!" I agreed. 

"Really?" She said, looking straight into Sid's eyes. 

"Yeah! Simple as that!" He answered. 

"Thanks, daddy." She hugged him. Then Peter spoke up and said,

"Mum, dad, haven't you heard? Sarah's also got a boyfriend!" 

"What?! No I don't!" She tried to deny it, but I saw Peter hold up what looked like a love letter, so she asked, "Where did you find that?!" 

"In your bag at school today. It fell out. Ooooh, look at what he's written!" Peter teased as he began to read it. 

"Right, that's it!" Sarah said, then began to run towards him to grab the love letter back, but he ran off down the back garden, still holding it and yelling,

"If you want it, you're going to have to come and get it!"

Sid and I watched, laughing to ourselves until he turned to me and said,

"Well, this means there's only one thing for it, if Sarah really does have a boyfriend." 

"What is it?" I asked, to which Sid replied,

"I need to find out where this boyfriend of hers lives..." And he pulled out his gun for me to see, to which I laughed. Typical family life, I thought with a smile.