Karaoke Night

McQueen:

McQueen:

It was karaoke night at Flo's cafe in Radiator Springs, and beforehand, Lightning and I had been googling the songs that we thought would be best for us, until we'd eventually decided on a great song the night beforehand. We hadn't told anyone though. Not even Mater, because we wanted it to be a surprise. Sally had just finished singing her song, so Lightning I stood up and walked to the front.

"Break a leg, guys!" Mater encouraged us as we walked past him. We got up to the front, and both of us held the microphone in our hands. 

"You ready?" Lightning whispered to me.

"Yeah! Let's do it!" And together, we began to sing. Lightning went first, and we took it in turns after that:

"Backstroke lover always hidin' 'neath the cover 'till I talked to my daddy he say." 

"He said you ain't seen nothin' 'till you're down on a muffin then you're sure to be a-changin' your ways." 

It was Walk This Way by Aerosmith.

Mater:

Mater and I were in mid-song together during karaoke night at Flo's cafe, standing up there in front of all our friends, including Lightning and Sally. It was obvious from the start of the song what it was, and it was just nearing the end. 

"This is my final exam. Now y'all know who I am." I sang.

"I might not be that perfect son, but y'all be rockin' when I'm done!" Mater finished, and afterwards, we were greeted by loud applause when we sat back down next to Lightning and Sally. 

"Guys, that was great!" Lightning commented. 

"Aw shucks, thanks buddy!" Said Mater. 

"But there's still one question I wanted to ask: what was the song you guys sang? I think I was the only one who didn't know what it was." Sally asked us.

"It was Teacher's Pet from the School of Rock." I answered, feeling happy about being able to spend the whole night singing and hanging out with friends. 

Finn:

"Okay, let's do it." I tried to psyche myself up as Finn and I stood up in the nightclub. It was karaoke night, and we'd decided together on a song that really suited Finn. 

"Good luck to you both!" Holley said encouragingly, sitting next to us and Siddeley. 

"Yeah! Break a leg!" Siddeley agreed, and we both walked to the front as the song was beginning to start. Finn counted down how long it would take for the beginning instrumental part to end for when we could start singing by mouthing silently to me,

"3...2...1!" And Finn began to sing. He was really good at it, too! "There's a man who leads a life of danger. To everyone he meets, he stays a stranger." 

"With every move he makes, another chance he takes." I sang after him. "Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow..." 

"Secret agent man, secret agent man. They've given you a number, and taken away your name." Finn sang the chorus. 

It was Secret Agent Man by Johnny Rivers. 

See! I told you we'd picked a song that suited him! 

Siddeley:

"Somebody save your soul 'cause you've been sinning in this city I know." I began to sing. "Too many troubles, all these lovers got you losin' control." 

"You're like a drug to me, a luxury, my sugar and gold. I want the good life, every good night you're a hard one to hold." Siddeley also sang after me. We were hanging out in a nightclub with Holley, Finn and the others, and we were singing Handclap by Fitz and The Tantrums. From there, we took it in turns. I went first:

"'Cause you don't even know. I can make your hands clap. Said I can make your hands clap." And it was really enjoyable, too! And we continued to sing, because we both loved that song, and we'd chosen it a couple of nights beforehand. Sid continued on after me, and from the looks of it, he was enjoying it, too!

But I was most happy that I was able to do it with Siddeley.