Cheering Him Up

McQueen:

McQueen:

Over the last couple of days, I'd noticed that Lightning was looking stressed, and wasn't telling me anything about it, until one day when I finally managed to convince him to tell me what was wrong. 

"Come on, Lightning." I said. "Spill the beans. What's wrong?" He let out a sigh before turning to me and answering,

"Fine. Look, as you might know already, my next race is coming up soon, but the other racers in this one are gonna put up a REAL fight, and I'm under huge pressure to improve my techniques before the race, and I just don't know what to do, [your name]." He placed both hands to his face in frustration and stress. 

"Well how long exactly is the race from now?" I also asked. 

"A week." 

"Well I can help you practice on the dirt track if you want, because a week's plenty of time! I can also google some great racing techniques, too! I can even ask Doc Hudson if he'll help us, because from what you've told me before, his advice was what caused you to do so well in the Los Angeles race a couple of years ago!" I suggested. "What do you think?"'

He looked at me as I sat down next to him, and smiled, then held my hand in his own before answering,

"Thanks, [your name]. It'd really help." And for a moment, we had a passionate kiss together. 

Mater:

While we were out together for the day by the river and beautiful scenery, Mater and I had a great time, until I noticed that Mater looked as if something was wrong. 

"Mater?" I asked, walking up next to him as he gazed out at the river. "What's wrong? Tell me, please." 

He looked down at me and answered,

"It's just that this river, this view, everythin'... I'm worried one day it'll go to waste and be torn down to make buildings and all that for our civilisation. It's just an upsettin' thought, 'cause gorgeous places like this are already goin' 'cause of what our own species have done..." He was referring to pollution and human interference with the planet, and I understood that Mater loved untouched places like this. 

"This place won't ever go, Mater." I placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, and he looked down at me. "This area. All this, and possibly lots of other places like this, will stand forever, like the jewel of a necklace. Just believe me." He smiled. 

"Dad gum, thanks [your name]." And he planted a kiss on my forehead before we continued to gaze out at the flowing river in front of us. 

Finn:

I'd noticed during the last few days that Finn had been more quiet and mysterious than normal, almost as if he was stressed or worried about something. It was starting to bother me, because I was worried for him, so I asked him one day,

"Finn, just tell me what's wrong. Please?" 

"Alright." He turned around to look at me, and answered as I got lost in his aquamarines eyes, "The thing is, it's my job as a spy. I lost my close friend before I even met you, and also, what if one day, my superiors told you that someone had shot me, or poisoned me, or god knows what else. I wish there was no chance of you ever having to deal with that, [your name]. You mean too much to me. That's the curse of a spy." 

"Finn..." I began to answer. "Your job working for C.H.R.O.M.E isn't a curse. Just think of all the lives you've saved, which you've told me about before, and if you weren't a spy, we never would've met in the first place! So don't think of it that way. Think of it as the reason why we're where we are in our relationship now." I placed a hand on his arm reassuringly, and I saw him smile at me and answer,

"Thanks, [your name]. You're right." And we had a loving kiss on the lips together. 

Siddeley:

"Sid? What's up?" I asked him one day when he seemed somewhat distant from the world around him. I was worried about what might be up with him, about what exactly he was thinking. He replied with, 

"Well, you see, [your name], as I've told you before, sometimes, not very often but sometimes, me, Finn and the others were unsuccessful at stopping villains and god knows who else. Well, we hit a snag in one of our latest missions and it almost made the entire thing all for nothing. What if what we're doing is all just pointless? What if it's all for nothing anyway? That's what I'm worried about." 

"Sid, come on, don't say things like that." I held his hands in my own and stared into his black eyes. "It's not all for nothing. Sure, you occasionally hit a snag, but 97% of the time at least, you succeed and save so many lives! It's not all for nothing, Sid." I tried to reassure him. 

"You know, that's actually cheered me up quite a bit! Thanks, [your name]." He answered, and he planted a kiss on my cheek, and we both couldn't help but smile.