Chapter 4

Dior's POV

When Pierre turned me around and let me walk, I for some reason felt sad to let him go. I didn't want him to leave. I started walking to where he pointed my body to. I suddenly heard my mom's crying.

Why is she crying?

I kept on walking when I suddenly heard a sniffle, followed by my name being called.

"Young lady, do you know how worried I was?!" My mom yelled. I stopped and turned towards mom's voice.

"Ma'am, please calm down. She got home safe, that's what's important." I heard a man say. Mom wrapped her arms around me and held on tight.

"I'm sorry, officer. And thank you for taking the time to help search for my daughter." Mom said to the supposed officer.

"It's no problem ma'am. It's all in a day's work." I heard him walk past me. I could hear a car door slam and and then a car starting.

When the car drove away, Mom dragged me inside the house and let me sit on the couch where she took off my shoes.

"Where have you been, young lady? You were supposed to stay home until me or one of your sisters came home." I lowered my head in shame.

"But mom, I was really bored." I explained. "I couldn't stay home the whole time. And I had so much fun walking around the neighborhood and I even made a friend. He's really nice. His name is Pierre. You would've liked him too. He's really sweet and nice and cons—" I kept on gushing about Pierre when Mom cut me off.

"Pierre? So you made a friend. Why didn't he bring you home then?" She asked. I could feel her being scared of something.

"Oh he said that he needed to leave." The couch dipped a little, signalling she was sitting next to me.

"Sweetie, are you sure he's not some street bum that you met and was scared away when he saw the police car?" She asked petting my head.

I shook my head furiously. "No, mom, he didn't smell dirty. He actually smelled nice. And what if he was a street bum? He was nice to me, unlike some people on the street." I put my head down again.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry,” she stroked my hair. "But promise me you won't do it again. I was worried sick."

"Okay mom, I promise." And with that she hugged me and send me upstairs to my room.

I went to lay on my bed when I thought in my mind of how exactly Pierre could look like. Did he have brown eyes? Or probably blue? Oh, who am I kidding I'm blind, I would never see what he looks like. I sighed. I wish I could feel his face to at least have an image. I heard footsteps approaching my room. Then I could hear knocking and the door opening.

"Sweetheart, dinner is ready. Are you coming?" I just nodded and stood up from my bed. I heard her footsteps coming towards me and she put her hand in mine.

"Let's go, sweetheart. I made your favorite food, Pasta Alfredo with shrimp." I heard the pride in her voice.

My face light up immediately. By now we were already going down the stairs.

"Really? Why that? What's the occasion?" I asked excitedly, carefully walking down, trying not to trip.

"There's not really an occasion. It's just what I had in mind to cook today." Mom said leading us to the dining room.

Mom and I always eat together. When one of my sisters gets home first, we wait for mom to get home to eat. It's better that way. Plus it's like a tradition in our little family. You only eat when one of your elders are present.

"Well.... How do you feel about next time you meet your new friend to invite him over?" Mom asked. My face light up immediately.

"Really? Ohw, mom, that would be so awesome. Then you could see how sweet and nice he really is." I was happy mom wasn't as mad as I thought she'd be. Maybe I could tell her about what I felt when I was with Pierre.

Nahh... She would flip about that. I just continued eating when the front door opened.

"Hey guys!" Evelyn yelled chuckling at the end. "Eating without me I see." I could hear her footsteps coming closer. I felt a kiss on the side of my head and a presence next to me. I'm guessing she took a seat next to me.

"Ooh... Pasta. What's the ocasion, mom?" Evelyn asked mom.

"Ohw no ocasion. Just felt like cooking pasta today, because we haven't had it in months." I smiled. Last time we ate pasta was on my birthday.

"Dior, why don't you tell Eve what you did today." Mom said to me.

I pursed my lips. "Well...?" Evelyn waited impatiently.

"Well..." I started knowing it would annoy, Eve, I smiled. "I was really bored today like any day really, so I went out—"

"You went out!? By yourself!?” she shrieked, making me wince. "Are you crazy?! Something could've happened! You could've been kidnapped!" At this point she started hyperventilating.

"Sweety, it's okay. She's okay. Calm down. Breath in... Breath out... That's it... Relax..." Mom calmed Evelyn down. I could hear breathing in and out trying to calm herself.

"Phew..... Okay continue." She said to me after she was completely calm.

"Well, I went out and made a friend. He was really nice and sweet. We went to the park and talked about stuff. Ohw and his name is Pierre." I finished with a happy smile on my face.

"Pierre... Your friend sounds like a street bum." She said. I could hear the disgust in her voice.

"He's not! He didn't smell like a street bum should. He smelled like men cologne. It was nice to smell him. And you shouldn't talk like that about him." I was at the verge of crying my eyes out. My family wasn't being nice to me at the moment.

"I'm sorry, D. I would like to meet him sometime." Now that put a smile on my face. They always seemed to know how to cheer me up.

Dinner went by quick and I was back in my bedroom getting ready for bed. Mom came to say goodnight and so did Eve and Mads. Mads got to know about Pierre too and she had the same reaction that mom did. I mentally rolled my eyes at that.

Before sleep took over me, I thought about Pierre. If I could meet him again, I'd immediately invite him for dinner just so I can prove that he's not a street bum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my fellow readers. I want to thank each and everyone of you for reading and voting on my story. It means a lot too when you guys keep comenting that I should post the next chapter, so keep it coming. Thank you guys so much.

Love ya lots.