Chapter Five

The rest of the ride was comfortable. I was left with my thoughts and Christopher seemed to have respected my silence. I was brought back to reality when we pulled into the carpark of the amusement park. In the windy and more chilly months of August, there sure were a lot of people here. My ears were immediately filled with the screaming of kids and the music played by the different rides. The smell of churros and popcorn made my stomach rumble in anticipation.

" You ready for this?" His eyes were gleaming with amusement.

" As ill ever be," I blinded him with my brightest smile.

Before I knew it, my hands were enveloped in his warm ones and my body was tugged towards the ticketing office. Im assuming he feels responsible for my safety and doesn't want me to get lost? Right? His warm hands were nonetheless greatly appreciated for.

Once out tickets were available, Chris took the liberty to put on the band on for me. Not missing the chance of tucking a loose strand of hair that was covering my eyes. His thumbs caressed my cheeks for the briefest moment. His lips lifted at its corners at my startled look and in a blink of an eye the warmth of his hands left my face. Without missing a beat, he then grabbed my hands again and walked towards the entrance.

" So which ride first?" He seemed to always been giving in to my wants and needs. Being the eldest in my family, I was not use to such treatment.

" I was actually thinking of the churros, the smell is distracting me," I sheepishly replied. I tried my best to give him my persuasive face. My family seem to always complain when I wanted to fill my stomach before taking the rides. Their reason being, they might barf all the food while on the rides. But the real question is, how can they resist churros?

" Why am I not surprised? Come on let's feed you before the line gets any longer," chuckled Chris.

Someone seems to know me too well. Not so sure how this information sits with me. Ill admit though, this addition of feelings might be a start of something wonderful.

My hands were still tucked in his. Judging by his expression, he didn't look like he was going to release my hands anytime soon. Surprisingly, he manoeuvred around with ease. I was the one stumbling around, walking into others personal space.

My sight was graced with a piping hot churro with his smile as a background. Since when did we get to the front of the line? Not wanting to wait anymore, I gladly accepted the churro and started digging in.

" You're not having any?" I realised that I was the only one eating.

" Nah, not a really big fan of churros," he shook his head.

Out of instinct, I plucked a piece and brought it towards his mouth. Let's just say I was not the only one surprised. Chris seemed shocked at my actions. My cheeks burned when I realised that he still did not eat the piece. Before I could retreat my hands, he swiftly took the piece in his mouth and continued to stare into my eyes.

" The best churros so far," He whispered while flicking off the cinnamon sugar on his mouth.

I smiled slightly, glad that he didn't make it awkward for me. I continued feeding him pieces, in alternates to myself, and he always replies back with a look of gratitude. I didn't bother the fact when he said he didn't like churros. I was not going to let him wait there staring while I eat. We participated in light conversation while eating. For the first time in a long time, I was very comfortable to be around someone I just met.

The rides were all so amazing. It was refreshing seeing the carefree look on Chris face throughout the day. Despite constantly having a friendly demeanour, he always had on a guarded, professional air around him. After today though, Im seeing him from a new light.

We were now currently at dinner in this restaurant that sells a variety of dishes. The sun was long gone now and the streets were illuminated with very pretty fairy lights. I was ravenous at this point, and the mac and cheese I ordered tasted like heaven. Christopher seemed highly amused by my excitement and content sighs as I took each spoonful of cheesy goodness. He opted for a big, greasy burger and fries. Even he, did not look as hungry as I was.

" I'm so full. I don't think I can move," I groaned while clutching my stomach, eyes closed as I leaned backwards on the chair. The meal was really delicious. Boy am I glad that we came to this place.

" No room for even dessert?" His voice was teasing me.

I peeked at him, " What do they have for dessert?"

" I heard that their brownies are exceptional," he was smirking at this point. Eyes filled with amusement.

At the mention of brownies, I immediately perked up, looking refreshed as ever.

" I think I have some space still left," I added shyly while my eyes could not contain the excitement.

" I'm glad then, as I have already made an order, it should be on its way soon."

He seemed content in knowing me so well. I was not really bothered by it anyway. As long as I got my brownies, everything will be fine. I noticed the occasional glances he keeps throwing my way. It was subtle yet full of intensity at the same time. Not use to such attention from the opposite gender, my cheeks would constantly redden, causing his smile to widen much more.

The ride back home was filled with laughter and easy chatter. Christopher was a really easy-going guy. He was always pushing for me to talk and would listen attentively. Not once was he caught up in talking about himself. Tonight had been so amazing that it saddens me when we were pulling into my driveway. Our night seems to be coming to an end.

Putting the car at park, Chris then turn towards me, a look of determination on his face.

" So what are your plans for tomorrow?" His eagerness made me giggle.

" I have classes the whole day till about 6PM, and after that I might need to meet my group mates for a project," my eyes softened, personally not liking the fact that I will not be free.

" And don't you have work mister?" I teased, he seemed to forget his whole purpose of moving here.

" Well, the perks of being doctor at a clinic is that, I get off at 5." Well sucks to be me then.

" What about the day after," he continued

" Busy also," my face apologetic.

" Well this sucks. I'm working night shifts in the clinic on Wednesday and Thursday. How about Friday?" Hope filled his eyes.

" Friday seems manageable," I smiled, glad that we will be meeting soon again.

We were then in a trance again. Just staring into each others eyes. He seemed to be debating on something but it quickly passed as he placed the softest kiss on my forehead. My breathing hitched and I just prayed to god that I still smelled good. His lips though chapped, felt so gentle.

" I'll see you Friday?" He's hands were back to caressing my cheeks. Giving his hand a final squeeze, I gave him a nod for assurance and left to retreat into my home.